Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

3 hours ago, cybdmn said:

I contacted LRG regarding my boxes, and here's their answer:

Weeks? Great, just great.

Looks like you missed the wave :D

After playing through the wad on and off, the secrets really do help in making getting through tough parts in some levels. As in there's a secret in e5m3 I found that includes a backpack, which helps the ammo problem immensely. 

So far I have been having a blast exploring and playing through sigil again and again! My box came in and the art looks amazing in person. (aside from the flip down usb part of my floppy breaking off its tiny hinges but eh, the whole plastic "floppy" is a tad heavier than the usb bit itself so watch out for that) 

18 hours ago, FinalHours said:

Got my big box today! Super impressed with everything, the packaging and presentation is great. The soundtrack and the bonus stuff on the floppy disk USB drive is also very cool! Buckethead's soundtrack is incredible, unsurprisingly. During my next playthrough I'm going to give the game a go with the MIDI soundtrack. 

As far as my thoughts on the WAD itself, I'm really happy with it! It does feel like a natural extension to The Ultimate Doom. Pretty challenging stuff, with some creative secrets. I did find some areas a little frustrating (the crusher maze in particular gave my friend and I some issues while we were playing some co-op). Besides this and a glitch or two that I came across, I'm more than pleased with it! 

Got mine today too. Not sure if something is wrong with usb floppy or I am an idiot. How does it open?

5 hours ago, cybdmn said:

I contacted LRG regarding my boxes, and here's their answer:

Weeks? Great, just great.

Yeah, I got shit on too, of course.  I bet mine doesn't get shipped until very last in like 2 weeks.

11 hours ago, noisebloom said:

I'd just like to throw this in:

If you are low on ammo and health (my own fault, too excited and frivolous), E5M5 is a serious challenge, at least for me. Haven't had a lot of time to play, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to make it through.

After resuming this level with a somewhat hopeless mindset, I found myself upon plenty of ammo and health in the next couple areas. This episode keeps exhausting me of everything and leaving me for dead, and then it's all... "here you go - you're fine!"

Excellent stuff.

11 hours ago, Welfare Prodigy said:

Lol @dew am thinking @Viscra Maelstrom is saying he doesn't know where his beast box is yet.

dew was making a joke.

People waiting for their boxes can mail romerogames with a proof of purchase to get the download link to the "full" edition with sigil_shreds.wad; otherwise the free edition should be available to everyone tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, kristus said:

So is it released now?

1 hour ago, Gez said:

People waiting for their boxes can mail romerogames with a proof of purchase to get the download link to the "full" edition with sigil_shreds.wad; otherwise the free edition should be available to everyone tomorrow.

Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Gez said:

dew was making a joke.

I know @dew was joking @Gez I thought it was funny his rebuttal to @Viscra Maelstrom saying he's in the dark on where his beast box was to put the comment about GZDoom lighting settings lol I apologize if anyone got upset. I am new here (have guest stalked doomworld for a long time tho and it has helped me out with a lot of things over the years) 

24 minutes ago, seed said:

Did I miss something?

I am reasonably sure that we are May 30 today, I am also reasonably sure this means that May 31 is tomorrow and tomorrow is May 31, I refer you to the current thread title:

SIGIL - New Romero megawad [release date: May 31]

Those who get to May 31 "in advance" thanks to timezones, I'm counting on you to make this thread a pain in the rear.

Spoiler

Don't.

18 hours ago, LadyVader1138 said:

Hmm...seems like I already have that on.
Also, I would totally use Crispy Doom, but I own a Mac, so yeah, I'm a little screwed there.
And yes, I know of things that could let me run Crispy Doom on my Mac, but I don't like how the PC versions of Chocolate Doom work in comparison to the Mac version which is nice, all in one, and is easy for me to choose my damn IWAD.

I did a quick complie of Crispy Doom on Mac, you can give it a try.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13620652/crispy-doom.html

To play Sigil, you have to load the compat sigil WAD, or use the normal sigil WAD, and idclev to e5m1.

If there is one, i was unable to find. The download is even no Crispy Doom.app, it's just a terminal application, and i forgot to upload the crispy-doom-setup application, for configuring screen res, key mapping etc. If anybody wants it, i can upload that too.

I'm going to say it's probably intentional, because the one in sigil_compat is in 3rd position on the menu so it cannot be too long or it'd overlap with "Thy Flesh Consumed". Using a normal font avoids this kind of issues.

Just dropped some money on the early-bird release - I know it's only a couple hours away from going public, but I don't think I can resist the temptation of getting the Buckethead soundtrack.

I've mostly avoided spoilers, excited to see where this thing takes me. Time for a ride.

I really didn't think the Buckethead soundtrack would work for me but I ended up absolutely loving it. I really like the creepy, ambient music in E5M5.

The fact he mentioned about using HMP first before UV makes me happy, I played sigil on HMP and had a great time, UV was SUPER ballbusting but satisfyingly fun and just straight up romero making good hard levels. 

Hopefully pepole find civv's video and it changes their mind on trying out Sigil after Gmans rushed attempt to be the first to review it. 

45 minutes ago, LemonWolf3322 said:

Just dropped some money on the early-bird release - I know it's only a couple hours away from going public, but I don't think I can resist the temptation of getting the Buckethead soundtrack.

I've mostly avoided spoilers, excited to see where this thing takes me. Time for a ride.

I resisted and I resisted and then I read this post of yours... you nailed my sentiment. To hell with waiting a couple more hours.