Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ImpieEyez95 said:

But it'll probably be uploaded or shared around that same day lol >:)

sure. but i'd wait -- it is not so long. i don't mind "pirating" software when devs/publishers put "you're pirate anyway" label on me with DRM (i will never ever buy anything with DRM on it), but here... meh. infinity+7 is not that different from simple infinity. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

And also it should have dehacked that limit you to two weapons and reloading

The wad should be handed over to Randy Pitchford who will then upload it on idgames himself. Hopefully not messing up and uploading the wrong USB drive content.

Share this post


Link to post

"The free megawad will be made available one week after fan boxes begin shipping so paying customers can play SIGIL first." has now become "A week after customers receive their orders, we release the FREE SIGIL download on our site." So now instead of having to wait until a week after the boxes begin shipping, we have to wait until a week after every single customer has received their order. Fantastic communication, John. It's still much better than the radio silence we're still getting from Limited Run Games, though.

 

Update: Romero confirmed that what he meant was, "When we hear of customers receiving their Beast Box, it will be one week before we release the FREE SIGIL stuff."

Edited by finkleroy

Share this post


Link to post

We're not playing SIGIL until June... It'd be nice if my payment processor or someone would notify me when my order is on its way or something.

Share this post


Link to post

"We anticipate this shipment this coming week", and we're Monday, so it means they anticipate shipments starting next Monday.

 

Hopefully, none of the box buyers are from Mongolia or Ascension Island or Tuvalu or wherever else where delivery can take months.

Share this post


Link to post

June or later is good. Summer heat from Hell is important for the immersion.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Gez said:

"We anticipate this shipment this coming week", and we're Monday, so it means they anticipate shipments starting next Monday.

 

Hopefully, none of the box buyers are from Mongolia or Ascension Island or Tuvalu or wherever else where delivery can take months.

It will. I'm from Europe and everything I order from anywhere takes a month minimum, and this is orders within Europe. I'm ordering from the states for the second time now, I think.

Share this post


Link to post

You seem fairly new around here, why not trying a few awesome PWADs until Sigil is around? In this day and age, delays hardly matter when we have billions of cool games and mods. Unless you are on the verge of dying that is. That one sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kira said:

You seem fairly new around here, why not trying a few awesome PWADs until Sigil is around? In this day and age, delays hardly matter when we have billions of cool games and mods. Unless you are on the verge of dying that is. That one sucks.

 

True, but it does suck to see Sigil and the boxes endlessly delayed.

 

I guess that if Romero does something like this again in the future he will choose someone else to handle the shipments and everything else. How many times has it been delayed at this point? 5? I lost the count.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, seed said:

True, but it does suck to see Sigil and the boxes endlessly delayed.

I guess that if Romero does something like this again in the future he will choose someone else to handle the shipments and everything else. How many times has it been delayed at this point? 5? I lost the count.

It's either been 4 or 5 times. I could live with that though, it's the way each release date has blown past without so much as a word from them. Sadly this seems to be par for the course with LRG. Thankfully it seems like Romero is very aware of the fact that they haven't been bothering to keep us updated and the experience can't have been smooth sailing for him either.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kira said:

You seem fairly new around here, why not trying a few awesome PWADs until Sigil is around? In this day and age, delays hardly matter when we have billions of cool games and mods. Unless you are on the verge of dying that is. That one sucks.

As someone who thinks highly of Romero's content, it makes me anxious. I've been playing other WADs but the quality and tone is all over the place. Vanguard was nice but hardcore, Currently enjoying Sunlust.

Edited by SamuelNMEvander

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

As someone who thinks highly of Romero's content, it makes me anxious.

It's coming either way. The game content at the very least. Maybe the next LGR drama is mixed up addresses or flat Romero heads.

Have fun with Sunlust. If you are mostly all over Romero, there are a few E1 inspired wads, or you could give the Doom the Way id Did series a shot.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, all these delays ain't gonna be good for expectations, that's for sure. The 2016 maps at least came out of of the blue. No one had time to conjure up crazy shit in their heads. This time though...and some people paid for it too.

Share this post


Link to post

"A week after all of our paying customers have beaten the game speedrunning in Nightmare mode the free wad will be available in our site"

 

Btw now seriously. I thought the wad without the Buckethead music was going to be silent. Anybody has any idea where these "excellent midi tunes" might have come from?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jupiter_ex said:

"A week after all of our paying customers have beaten the game speedrunning in Nightmare mode the free wad will be available in our site"

 

Btw now seriously. I thought the wad without the Buckethead music was going to be silent. Anybody has any idea where these "excellent midi tunes" might have come from?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh cool. Now, as a midi maker, I'm envious: I wish Romero would have designed my childhood too. I didn't know he designed childhoods :(

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

My childhood was also designed by Romero. My old stomping grounds back in Florida had slime pits everywhere and soulspheres on platforms you could see early on, but not access til later. It was pretty rad.

Yeah, it wasn't all great, though. Hated taking the lift to the bathroom. The explosive barrels in the corners of every room were pretty cool, though.

Share this post


Link to post

My childhood was desgined by Sandy
My bedroom was shaped like a foot and all the walls were misaligned


On topic:
I understand that Romero is delaying the release because he wants to refine everything but wouldn't had been better if he announced it to be "released next october" and then release it "around this time" as a surprise? That wpuld have been much cooler c:

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, jupiter_ex said:

Oh cool. Now, as a midi maker, I'm envious: I wish Romero would have designed my childhood too. I didn't know he designed childhoods :(

Jimmy's childhood was hell :(

Share this post


Link to post

Romero designed my childhood: it arrived 3 years late, I had trouble getting my buddies to follow me around, and I had to find a gem everytime I wanted to go to the bathroom

Share this post


Link to post

I wished Romero could drop some extra contents during this whole "parturition" of the Sigil release.

something to make up for all these delays... a new map, or exclusive unseen goodie, or whatever :\

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, NerdyButLazy said:

Yeah, I posted a screenshot of his Twitter the other day on Facebook and someone filled me in on Limited Run's horrible track record. Not his fault! I kinda feel bad for the guy now.

 

If it is known that they do a terrible job then John is also responsible for hiring them.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, OleBumma said:

I wished Romero could drop some extra contents during this whole "parturition" of the Sigil release.

something to make up for all these delays... a new map, or exclusive unseen goodie, or whatever :\

And create even more delays?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gez said:

And create even more delays?

Don't see negativity into anything!

It's been said the wad has been finalized for a while now, hell they even forgot to fix a bug by the time the CDs already went into production, so it doesn't cost him more delay if he wanted to post some scrapped doom material on his socials.

 

Everything that's happening lately doesn't really belong on Romero's watch. Know he probably isn't in with the time to arrange some extra map made from scratch, definitely has other priorities to follow than being concerned about making new doom stuff at this paricoular time... certainly he wouldn't have needed the time to, or LRG, or anybody's approval to pull some goodie out of his vault for the fanbase that waited this long if he wanted to.

 

I don't mind that he didn't, and the sigil release is almost there... I still appreciate him being around regardless to how he handled things, and I can't deny that it's always cool to see him being active in the doom community with his knowledge, stories, stuff and anything he likes to share. That's why I've said I "wished".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

He was supposed to design my childhood, but he was too busy deathmatching in Quake, so Sandy Petersen had to do it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×