Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

$610 would be a miracle, as the last one went for nearly twice that... 

 

O DAMN!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Did you have a link for that? I couldn’t find that auction, even by searching for auctions that has ended.

Share this post


Link to post

Here is an 8 bit remix of the midi used in E5M1 of SIGIL.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Ripspleen said:

Since every beast box is numbered, I'm curious what everyone who received the box got for a number. I received #40.

 

And here are the boxes at ebay:

0220 ended at     $   676.00
0253 ended at     $1,025.00
0496 currently at $   700.00

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Here is an 8 bit remix of the midi used in E5M1 of SIGIL.

 

This is surprisingly good.

Share this post


Link to post

^ Yeah, and this barely even scratches the surface. With any items in the high-end video game collecting scenes, $1000 is damn cheap. And that's just video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ([zen3001]) said:

here we go, I finally recieved a shipment confirmation from limited run, just wondering if someone else had to wait this long for this too or am I really the only one who hasn't played it yet?

 

Yes. I opened a ticket with Limited Run about 2-3 weeks ago. They said they were working on it and to watch my email inbox for a shipping confirmation. I finally received my Beast Box confirmation yesterday (probably in the same batch as you).

 

It seemed weird to me because Romero made a comment on Twitter that he wanted the Beast Boxes to be shipped out before he put up the free download. I'm not sure how many were made but I did purchase it near the end (on the 23rd), so I just assumed they were pushing them out in order of purchase date.

Edited by Vesperas_

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Vesperas_ said:

 

Yes. I opened a ticket with Limited Run about 2-3 weeks ago. They said they were working on it and to watch my email inbox for a shipping confirmation. I finally received my Beast Box confirmation yesterday (probably in the same batch as you).

 

It seemed weird to me because Romero made a comment on Twitter that he wanted the Beast Boxes to be shipped out before he put up the free download. I'm not sure how many were made but I did purchase it near the end (on the 23rd), so I just assumed they were pushing them out in order of purchase date.

 

I ordered the Beast Box on 10th of december, and the Standard Box on 11th.

Seems they sent out standard before Beast.

 

I thought I read that there were around 800 Beast Boxes made, when Romero posted a photo of himself autographing the prints for the boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 8:27 AM, pcorf said:

 

It's a Doom Builder issue automatically deleting textures so it is always important to check your lower textures.

Looks like the same problem is present in level 8, with the easternmost crusher (the blood/lava chamber, sector 75). Most wouldn't notice, because after triggering the crusher by crossing linedef 1728, I'm not sure there is a normal way back to the previous area (except by dying and respawning in a multiplayer game, I guess).

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just bought the Buckethead soundtrack for $6.66 and, uh, I'm not sure how to actually get it. After I'd done the payment it took me to this screen and that was it. Note that I wasn't signed in when I purchased it.

sigil.png.5721fab90b87eac8956a18ac73b2d427.png

Share this post


Link to post

A question to those who already received the Beast Box:

 

From where was the product shipped? I am asking since I am from Germany, and if this ships from the US, this is not going to my place, but customs. And there I would pay a juicy import fee (20% of product price)...

Share this post


Link to post

I think they come from the US too, like the standard boxes. For the import fee, it depends on how they declared the customs stuff on the package. Mostly i got my stuff just without any import fee, but on one or two occasions, i had to pay.

 

Just one tip: Don't even think about to get your package directly from the customs, just send them a copy of the bill, and pay the fee to the postman. At the customs you have to wait for ages. You know, public services. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, NightFright said:

A question to those who already received the Beast Box:

 

From where was the product shipped? I am asking since I am from Germany, and if this ships from the US, this is not going to my place, but customs. And there I would pay a juicy import fee (20% of product price)...

 

Here is the information, that you want, found on the web-page of Limited Run ( https://limitedrungames.com/products/sigil-beast-box-pc-megawad?variant=13014782083125 ):

*German customers: Please note that you will not be charged import taxes since your boxes will ship via US to Ireland*

 

Greetings

Funduke

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 2:32 AM, eulo said:

OK, I list my prefered changes for v1.2 based on my and many other players' experiences:

To add to that list:

 

M3: Widen the ledge path around the imp cages. I didn't have much of a problem with it, but a lot of people have and it just slows down the map.

 

M4: Fix the yellow-route platforms still damaging after they raise back up. Not a problem in single-player, really, but it's a real pain in coop.

 

M5: Mark the blue armor as a secret.

 

M5: Change the action that opens the exit room back up to a switch, rather than a random line near a torch. Easy for someone to think they're just permanently locked in.

 

M6: Don't lock off the right-hand path after the player's opened the left-hand path. There aren't any points-of-no-return that bad in the original game, and it's really punishing if the player didn't find all of the secrets the first time through that path.

 

M6: Mark the sector around the secret exit as a secret. First time through there I didn't even realize this map had the secret exit because I had found all the "actual" secrets by the time I got to the maze area.

 

M8: Add some openings so the Lost Souls can get to you at the start? I get what he was trying to do, but it's way too easy to just sit there at the start and pick all of them off.

 

M8: After hitting the switch that requires the red key, the teleporter trap that drops in some Barons and Cacodemons is way too slow and takes a lot of the tension out.

 

General: Stop marking so many lines as hidden, since it makes the auto-maps given on the first four maps completely and literally useless.

Edited by Ghastly : Played the last few maps, have suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Did you check your email?

a-ha! I thought there must be something obvious I'm missing here and there it is

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/13/2019 at 8:45 PM, funduke said:

 

Here is the information, that you want, found on the web-page of Limited Run ( https://limitedrungames.com/products/sigil-beast-box-pc-megawad?variant=13014782083125 ):

 

 

 

Greetings

Funduke

 

Excellent. I wished US shipping to Germany would always work like that. A bit tricky, but hey - not gonna complain. It saves a lot of money. Thanks for the heads-up!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/13/2019 at 2:21 AM, cybdmn said:

 

I ordered the Beast Box on 10th of december, and the Standard Box on 11th.

Seems they sent out standard before Beast.

 

I thought I read that there were around 800 Beast Boxes made, when Romero posted a photo of himself autographing the prints for the boxes.

 

That is very odd. I've seen photos of people unpacking their Beast Boxes, so if you purchased it on the opening day, I would have expected to have it by now. Have you already received your Standard Box or are they shipping them together? If they're coming together, I guess I'm not as surprised.

 

I know Romero mentioned the Beast Box was delayed due to production issues with the pewter head, with additional delays for both boxes due to some production issue with the USB "floppy drives."

Share this post


Link to post

Limited Run has been shipping them out in waves, probably related to when they receive the shipments of the goodies. So some Beast Boxes are out but not all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Vesperas_ said:

Have you already received your Standard Box or are they shipping them together?

 

Standard box arrived last friday, and Beast Box is on the way. I gave up, trying to find any system in the delivery schedule at LRG.

Share this post


Link to post

Those high bidders are probably just original Beast Box buyers still waiting for LRG to fulfill their order. Winning an eBay auction and getting it shipped from the seller is probably still faster. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, but I dunno if I'd pay 1000+ bucks just because I can't wait, hoping my own copy will sell for even more later. Bubbles can burst.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, NightFright said:

Yeah, but I dunno if I'd pay 1000+ bucks just because I can't wait, hoping my own copy will sell for even more later. Bubbles can burst.

Damn, people are STILL waiting for their boxes?

I would just buy the WAD and the soundtrack off of Romero's site and play it while waiting for the collector's items.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×