Find results in...
Man of Doom

25 Years of Doom and the all-new Slayers Club

On lundi 10 décembre 2018 at 4:13 PM, Man of Doom said:

Bethesda/id has launched something called the Slayers Club

They didn't call it "Club Doom", SMH.

A new piece of concept art just came with this month's giveaway:

Hell_Gate.jpg?q=70&fm=webp&w=1600&h=1600

Officially, the file name refers to it as the "Hell Gate".

Interestingly, this seems to be the only new piece of concept art for this month's giveaway.

Spoiler

Hell_Gate.jpg

Link above did not work for me, possibly because it was trying to view the image as a webp instead of a regular jpg which it is.

The new concept looks hellish and kinda reminds me of Notre D̶a̶m̶e̶ Damned with the bell towers and gargoyles.  I just hope the hell regions are more varied in Doom Eternal.  We need a Frozen Hell! 

Edited by Zemini

53 minutes ago, Zemini said:

The new concept looks hellish and kinda reminds me of Notre Dame with the bell towers and gargoyles.  I just hope the hell regions are more varied in Doom Eternal.  We need a Frozen Hell!

Anything that involves another color other than that shade of yellow-orange they loved so much would be great.

(Not to rag on the design we got, but it all kind of blurred into a brownish mess to me)

5 hours ago, Ramiel said:

Anything that involves another color other than that shade of yellow-orange they loved so much would be great.

(Not to rag on the design we got, but it all kind of blurred into a brownish mess to me)

Not just colors but also just other classic Doom Hell stuff, since Doom's Hell was this abstract combination of flesh, rock, metal etc that simply works to look as "non human friendly or understandable" as possible. (it also works because the amount of texture/prop variety used is why Doom mapping never dies)

Don't think it's possible to bring back FIREBLU but the walls of faces is something that i'm interested to see in HD.

Edit: also is it me or are there birds in that image?

While this may not be directly related to Doom Eternal, this is related to the Slayers Club; namely that they've started giving shout-outs to community-made mods and wads. The first one made today is none other than Winter's Fury:

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/4Szknt8NWodiVvVKETpAW5/nods-to-mods-winters-fury

As I said, this isn't directly connected to Doom Eternal, but it's definitely nice to see that the developers themselves are recognizing what the Doom community's capable of and directly shouting out the talented individuals who deserve this kind of recognition.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:32 AM, Man of Doom said:

While this may not be directly related to Doom Eternal, this is related to the Slayers Club; namely that they've started giving shout-outs to community-made mods and wads. The first one made today is none other than Winter's Fury:

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/4Szknt8NWodiVvVKETpAW5/nods-to-mods-winters-fury

As I said, this isn't directly connected to Doom Eternal, but it's definitely nice to see that the developers themselves are recognizing what the Doom community's capable of and directly shouting out the talented individuals who deserve this kind of recognition.

That is really awesome! I was under the impression that the guys at Id only played Brutal Doom and called it a day. I wonder if they played my maps...