Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

so i installed quake:scourge of armagon. how do i activate it?

whenever i click "play" in the setup, it just takes me to a command prompt and an error you would get when running dos games in command prompt. i don't want to use dosbox because it's slow. how can i trigger the expansion pack? is there suppossed to be a separate .exe file? whenever i click on winquake, i don't get the expansion pack. i just get the vanilla game. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!

For winquake you can use the -hipnotic command to launch Scourge of Armagon and -rogue for Dissolution of Eternity.

Quakespasm won't play music from CD and need to fix weapon model view, i can't remember command for it. Tyr-Quake and FitzQuake are best ports IMO.

15 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

i can't remember command for it

r_viewmodel_quake? Or do you mean something else?

3 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I remember following an online tutorial somewhere in order to get Quakespasm playing music. I had no problems.

From CD? Quakespasm can play .mp3 .ogg music, but CD is disabled. I have tried to make it work with no luck.

3 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I have tried to make it work with no luck.

SDL2 does not support CD music. A version of Quakespasm that uses SDL should work. I've read that the authors want to write native CD code for all major platforms, but who knows when that will happen.

Anyhow – I prefer to keep my CDs in a safe place. I've even hacked external mplayer support into Quakespasm before external audio was implemented officially.

1 hour ago, Rimantas said:

From CD? Quakespasm can play .mp3 .ogg music, but CD is disabled. I have tried to make it work with no luck.

Quakespasm also supports FLAC files. However, the Quake OST is pre-emphasized, so to make the FLAC files from the Quake CD, you have to save the audio tracks as WAVs, pre-emphasize the WAV files, and then create FLACs from the WAV files.  

The filenames have to be something like:

track02.flac

track03.flac

track04.flac

track05.flac

track06.flac

track07.flac

track08.flac

track09.flac

track10.flac

track11.flac

or .ogg or .mp3 if using those kinds of files.

the Quakespasm folder structure has to be:

ID1\music\*.flac     (for Quake itself)

hipnotic\music\*.flac (for Mission Pack 1)

rogue\music\*.flac (for Mission Pack 2)

Edited by Master O