Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sketchus

'Original' copy of Ultimate Doom?

Hi folks,

I'm looking to get a boxed copy of Ultimate Doom since I think aside from the much more expensive original discs it's a good jumping on point for playing the original game.

Now I'm in the UK if it makes any difference, but I've seen versions of the game with a  black disc like the one I've attached. I would have assumed that is the original disc, but I've also seen it look identical but with the replay branding inside too.

Then I see the second attached image which to me also looks original, aside from the disc.

Could anyone shed some light on this? Apologies for the long winded post.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry for the double post. I think I might have been an idiot. It seems the silver disc may be the original? As that is DOS only?

I think they are both genuine. The top one mentions Doom 95 and also "DOS version included", so it's probably newer, and bundled with both Doom.exe, and Doom 95 on the disc. The bottom one includes Heretic shareware - that's pretty cool. So, the bottom one is definitely older.

Thanks, I actually have the top one but it's just the jewel case and game. I've got a really nice condition Doom 2 to go with it do might try to pick up the lower version too.

Seems like you're absolutely right. I have the version in the top one, so must be a slightly later version. I am only interested in the DOS version for now anyway. Gonna try and grab a nice copy of the second one.