Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Teaser pic of "Sonic" movie pretty dang weird

I was expecting it to be worse, i mean, it's trash but it isn't as bad as i was expecting.

Sonic is also too small, he's not very tall in his games but this is overexaggerating! Ah, but it's better than nothing, RIGHT!?

3 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

Ah, but it's better than nothing, RIGHT!?

When it comes to Sonic the Hedgehog, nothing is infinitely preferable than something if it has more than 2 dimensions.

I mean, what the actual ass is this?

Despite following the series for many years by now, new Sonic never seezes to amaze me.

With a positive-negative outlook.

Not a single time I've seen Sonic and think to myself "oh my god he's naked" until I saw those movie posters.

30 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Not a single time I've seen Sonic and think to myself "oh my god he's naked" until I saw those movie posters.

I know right? Like I almost want them to put pants on him at this point. 

11 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I fucking hate all these creepy uncanny valley 3D remakes of shit that was designed to be 2D. 2D animation is so much more inspired and so rare these days. This Sanic abomination is particularly bad, but the new “3D realistic so kool” Pokémon and Disney shit coming at us just seems like shlock as well. Inferior versions of existing masterpieces, or in the case of the Pokémon movie, the absolutely bizarre decision to give Pikachu the voice and attitude of Deadpool (literally all of my wat)

Movies are going through the same phase right now as the mid-2000s Doom scene when everyone wanted the ridiculous high-res texture packs and sprites, crappy MD2/MD3 models, and what have you, not because it looked good but because "WOAH 3D IN DOOM COOL!!1!1one!!" Nowadays, we can laugh and see how stupid all of that looked.

(Although the new Doomsday models and the Neural Upscale project are huge improvements over the old attempts, I must say.)

10 hours ago, Kellson said:

Despite following the series for many years by now, new Sonic never seezes to amaze me.

With a positive-negative outlook.

ceases

5 hours ago, Gothic said:

Sonic in the 2nd poster looks like a naked guy taking photos from a balcony. 

Edit : Sonic was swole before this 

What do people who are disappointed in the way this seems to be shaping up think a good Sonic the Hedgehog live action movie would look like? I honestly can’t imagine. It would either be campy by accident or campy on purpose. Is there some idea of a serious Sonic live action movie that audiences take seriously as well?

3 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

What do people who are disappointed in the way this seems to be shaping up think a good Sonic the Hedgehog live action movie would look like? I honestly can’t imagine. It would either be campy by accident or campy on purpose. Is there some idea of a serious Sonic live action movie that audiences take seriously as well?

For me it’s more that “live action Sonic” should never be a thing in the first place. Good live action adaptations of animated properties are almost nonexistent.

8 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

It would either be campy by accident or campy on purpose. Is there some idea of a serious Sonic live action movie that audiences take seriously as well?

I thought the same thing while watching the Doom movie.

It's like a lot of movie trailers that accentuate a movie's flaws. So you can get the cringe out of your system, be outraged then and enjoy the movie when you actually watch it rather than having that moment of cringe ruin the entire movie.

I wonder what the target audience of this is... late 30s - early 40s? Kids who watch the new cartoon show? Kids from the late 90s that were into the 3D Sonics? It's this question that forced Sonic Generations to have two Sonic games in one rather than doing what Nintendo does with "this game is in 3D" and "that game is in 2D."

10 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

What do people [...] think a good Sonic the Hedgehog [...] movie would look like? I honestly can’t imagine.

Me neither.

11 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

His shoes and legs make him look like a naked hairy guy. Aside from that we don't know anything. 

9 hours ago, EtherBot said:

I'm definitely watching this nonsense in theaters.

I probably will as well. I'm morbidly fascinated to see how bad this is going to be.

Hollywood should have outsourced this to a Japanese company studio that could make something in vein of the Sonic CD cutscenes.

15 minutes ago, MeetyourUnmaker said:

I don't really like gaming culture and sonic is a relic from the 90's that has no real place today

Same could be said for Doom then in that case ;P

On 12/20/2018 at 4:02 PM, Ralphis said:

twitter post

Now I know who's the target audience for this movie.

1 hour ago, MeetyourUnmaker said:

I don't really like gaming culture and sonic is a relic from the 90's that has no real place today

That seems really, really reductive: “It’s old so it should go away”. People don’t dislike it because it’s old, they dislike it because it’s creepy/disturbing. A well done Sonic game or movie or whatever would be welcome as far as I’m concerned and the same goes for any character no matter how old they are..