Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

is it possible to run Arcane Dimensions on vanilla Winquake?

I assume it's because his computer isn't powerful enough to run a modern engine (Don't worry, i have been there too)

But anyways, no, because AD far surpasses the limits imposed by the vanilla Quake engine (limits that were implemented for no good reason) Unless you were to edit it and remove a ton of geometry it wouldn't work.

8 hours ago, -TDRR- said:

I assume it's because his computer isn't powerful enough to run a modern engine (Don't worry, i have been there too)

But anyways, no, because AD far surpasses the limits imposed by the vanilla Quake engine (limits that were implemented for no good reason) Unless you were to edit it and remove a ton of geometry it wouldn't work.

actually, my computer IS powerful enough to run most source ports except DarkPlaces. are there any source ports that focus on singleplayer?

28 minutes ago, Gez said:

Then it'll also suck at playing AD, regardless of port used.

actually, i used EZquake multiplayer edition to run it. it runs smoothly, but the engine will not let the mod make the shotguns projectile based.

Do u use a AMD card and one that supports vulkan.

If so, give vkquake a try. It is a fork of quakespasm that uses Vulkan instead of opengl.