Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • 0
Dark Pulse

SLADE isn't playing any sounds, period

Question

I have no idea why, either.

 

No music, no sounds, no nothing. Can't figure out why, at all.

 

Soundfont is selected; doesn't matter.

 

Tried deleting my old configs to see if that cured it, but it's still simply playing no sounds.

 

Completely at a loss, so anything would help.

Share this post


Link to post

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

What if you use an older version? 3.1.2 beta 5 for example?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Do you get any messages in the console log?

 

Dumb question: do you have the relevant dll in the SLADE install folder?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

There's OpenAL and libsndfile that are both necessary for audio playback; and FluidSynth that's an additional requirement for MIDI.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Gez said:

Do you get any messages in the console log?

None whatsoever.

 

image.png.d1b225b37689b918a1c87785a49c6018.png

 

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Dumb question: do you have the relevant dll in the SLADE install folder?

 

Yeah, they're all there, AFAIK.

 

image.png.13fe2364122a4a408e510c47f97656bc.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Strange. I have honestly no idea what the problem could be. Sound does work with other apps, right?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Gez said:

Strange. I have honestly no idea what the problem could be. Sound does work with other apps, right?

Absolutely. Windows is fine, Winamp is fine, GZDoom is fine, mixer is showing SLADE isn't muted or anything like that.

 

Hence why I'm completely stumped. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm not sure if that will help you with your sound problem or not ...

 

What about using a different sound app.

The one I use for just about everything is VLC.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

I'm not sure if that will help you with your sound problem or not ...

 

What about using a different sound app.

The one I use for just about everything is VLC.

Well if I convert and extract them, of course they will play fine, but the point is to kind of not have to do that if I'm testing samples for monsters and whatnot within a WAD...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
23 minutes ago, Gez said:

What if you use an older version? 3.1.2 beta 5 for example?

Excellent idea.

 

3.1.1.4 - Works.

3.1.2 - Works.

 

So somewhere between 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, it is broken, at least for me.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hmm.

Try doing a fresh install to use the latest version of Slade. Otherwise, overwriting the installation will make the thing buggy as fuck.

Do that and you won't have problems and you need to delete everything, including folders in your previous installed folder and in %appdata% folder there's one in that folder and another one in %appdata%/Local/VirtualStore

 

I had problems with icons and no chance of exporting PNGs from images...with the tip above, I solved those issues. Probably it's related to the sound problem.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Hmm.

Try doing a fresh install to use the latest version of Slade. Otherwise, overwriting the installation will make the thing buggy as fuck.

Do that and you won't have problems and you need to delete everything, including folders in your previous installed folder and in %appdata% folder there's one in that folder and another one in %appdata%/Local/VirtualStore

 

I had problems with icons and no chance of exporting PNGs from images...with the tip above, I solved those issues. Probably it's related to the sound problem.

Tried doing that already by installing into a clean directory (and wiping out my old configs). Same problem happened. Hadn't deleted the VirtualStore one though.

 

Regardless, the fact 3.1.2 works, but 3.1.3 does not, probably means the problem isn't with my PC, but with something that changed between the two versions. That something sure isn't my machine, though.

 

I put up a bug report on his Github, as well (in addition to the discovery tonight thanks to Gez).

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×