Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UAC-Janitor

Best Megawads for DRLA Playthroughs (?)

I'd like to make a list of some Megawads/IWADS that I believe are much funner when played with DRLA or at least it is reccomended to play with DRLA, I've got a few suggestions:

-Ultimate Doom (Ep1 - Ep3) Its overall one of the best ways to get into Doom Rogue Like Arsenal and merges the complexity of weapons and other in game things with the incredibly fun level design of Doom 1, never a dull moment

-Doom the way ID did - Funny this is right under Doom 1, Doom 1 wads are just a blast to play with DRLA

-Doom 2 Reloaded - Its more realistic architecture with a balance of enemies makes it fun and satisfying to find and craft new weapons on your way to map30

-Claustraphobia 1024 - Playing through this along with DRPG was an interesting experience, some of the maps were very detailed and provided little to no boredom as a result

-JOM4  - Since Most JOM4 levels (Or All) are capable of being ran in GZDoom 2.11, You can experience a fresh batch of creative UDMF styled maps with the mechanics of DRLA, it makes for an ultra unique experience (Especially with the Episodic styled themes)

Suggestions from Users:

(Please suggest I want to know some good mega wads to play with this Chad of a Doom mod)

-Oblige - Generate WAD, if you die, quit and generate another WAD

-Compendium 

-Blanket Doom

Edited by SilverHawaiin

Get Oblige. Generate something from an episode to a megawad. Play it with DRLA, but never save. If you die, delete the wad and go back to Oblige to make a new one. Bam. True RL experience.

But if that's really not what you want, then Compendium was made with this kind of mod in mind, because it contains so many megawads and when you beat one you're sent back to the hub without your inventory being reset, so playing through several of them one after the other means there are a lot more chances for rare stuff to appear.

5 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

Get Oblige. Generate something from an episode to a megawad. Play it with DRLA, but never save. If you die, delete the wad and go back to Oblige to make a new one. Bam. True RL experience.

But if that's really not what you want, then Compendium was made with this kind of mod in mind, because it contains so many megawads and when you beat one you're sent back to the hub without your inventory being reset, so playing through several of them one after the other means there are a lot more chances for rare stuff to appear.

That sounds rather fun actually... I outta try it, I know Blanket Doom gives a more Rogue Like Feel to DRLA when your playing through an entire episode in one go.