Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fulgrim

got hit by a car.

Don't really know you, but this sort of thing happening really sucks. Take it easy, don't push yourself too hard, and don't get frustrated if it takes awhile to come back - and especially if it doesn't fully ever come back. Brain injuries are no joke.

Hopefully you're not dealing with seizures and higher stroke risks in the future. :/

I feel sorry for what happened to you. Hope you can fully recover soon!

What a horrible thing to happen. Hope your recovery continues well. It sounds like you're doing all the right things.

I saw this on the "Popular Post" topic. Hope you are doing okay. What an awful thing to happen, and a remainder never to take anything for granted. 

2 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

Thankfully the guy stayed with me and got me help. I wouldn't be here if he didn't. 

Smart move on his behalf to stay with you. He could have gotten over a decade in prison for not doing so.

Got an uncle that was hit around last Christmas. He was on the hood of the car and got flung forward too. Driver tried to take off but luckily there was a third person on the scene and made sure he didn't.

It sounds like you will end up better off than him. He hasn't become crippled but he isn't going to work ever again and I know he has a couple other issues.

I've also got a friend that was on a bike and collided with a truck when it was taking a sharp turn. The truck got totaled and he got pronounced dead at one point but many years later all he really has is some gnarly scars.

I once stubbed my toe getting out of the shower and my skin slightly turned pale.

We all pulled through and I know you will, too!

45 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Glad you're ok, and glad that guy took responsability. Rest and get well.

That's the right thing to do, to amend the terrible thing that he did and support him at all times. Respect for the man and, @Fulgrim, wish you the best of luck in your recovery and have a normal life ahead. Thumbs up...

@Fulgrim: Best of luck on your recovery, and I hope you feel better.

Get better first, but then you might consider consulting a lawyer. Hopefully, the guy was insured, because he's responsible for your medical costs. A good lawyer will sure the driver's insurance considers what's called "punitive damages". Punitive damages consider long term issues (which I sure hope you don't have.) Sometimes problems can occur later, that aren't noticed right away. A good lawyer can help you get properly compensated.

Feel better soon!

There are too many people who would've sped off, it's good that guy stayed with you and good that you're recovering, just take things easy.

Saw this on the popular post topic too, this was really bad to hear, I wish you the best of luck on recovering completely.