Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fulgrim

got hit by a car.

Damn. That fucking SUCKS. I hope for the best for you and your future, make sure you follow just about everyone else's advice here on this thread: take it easy and slow. Make sure to keep us updated on what's going on! 

-V

Wound in the hospital again but it only for a couple of days. The tining that  most people don't  traumatic brain brain is that the healing processes is not perfect. You are likely to have a setback or issues come up as one heels. Randomly I started to hears noises sort of like static. The sounds where the part of  a seizure. When I had a full seizure my roommate called 911. I came out of the seizure with no issues. But had another art the hospital. The whole thing was chocked up to my brain pain healing itself and getting some wires crossed during the processes. Since the healing processes for brain injuries is not perfect set backs and issues are expected. So they have me on a anti seizure medication for at least the next few months. 

D:, it was not pleasant to read that you had to be in the hospital again, I have never been in a hospital as a patient fortunately, but I have gone to help (since some relatives are doctors), and for me it is not something nice the hospital

I hope you get better and I wish you the best!

My god, hopefully you can fully recover soon. It's sad to read that you had to stay in the hospital again.

Now that I'm able to organizer my thoughts easier and not dealing with a headache so intense that it feels like my skull is about to pop, I'll talk about my first 3 weeks in the hospital.

So I was in a coma for the first three weeks I was in the hospital. The thirded week I was put into a medically induced coma. The doctors spend the entire 3rd week trying to revise me from the coma. This go bad enough that my mom was told to start contacting family. Because she would need to make a decision. Pretty much the worst thing a doctor could tell you. 

I was on life support the entire time I was in a coma because I wouldn't breath on my own.After the doctors told my mom to start contacting family the doctors slipped me onto my stomach. They left me laying on my stomach for about 16 hours and tried one last time to pull me from the coma. Thankfully there list ditch effort worked. If it didn't they would have tested my brain activity and if it was still so low that it couldn't breath on my own they would have  recommended that I be taken off life support. The decision the doctors wanted my family to make is have the doctors make X more attempts to pull me from the coma or take me off life support with out making any more attempts to pull me from the coma. Also I ready in a coma when the ambulance and I'm pretty sure I was in the coma when the ambulance got to the intersection where I was hit by the care. 

Pretty much myself, the doctors and and my self agree that me laying onto my stomach is what helped me come out of the coma. My torso was a mess from the accident. I had a broken sternum and at least 4 broken ribs from the initial impact of the car. The doctors now know that me not being able to breath on my own had nothing to do with my level of activity. I was having issues breathing on my own do to all the pressure and swelling in my torso due to the broken sternum, ribs and the force of the impact to the area. Flipping me over and leaving me on my stomach for several hours took enough pressure or my lungs to get me breathing on my own again.

At the start of every thing the doctors had to also make the injuries to my torso a low priority. I had 5 brain bleeds and the head to rush me into neurological  surgery to stop the bleeding. The crazy part is that they removed both sides of my  skill so they could get to the brain bleeds. After they stopped the bleeding they put the left side of my skill back in. The right side of much skull went into refrigeration a at the hospital. My brain had swelled to the point where it would not fit in my skill. So they the right side off to more room for the brain swelling. It took another weeks after I was out of the coma for all the brain swelling to suicide.  

So I got to experience life wile missing a significant chunk of my skill. Let me tell you how much of a pain in the ass it is. You are faced to lay in bed pretty much 24/7. They put you on t his really cool bed that has a actual alarm built into it. Move around in bed too much or try to get out of bed the fucking alarm goes off. Than you have some ass hole nurse come running into your room. 90% of the time they flip shit and go off about how you shouldn't be trying to get out of bed. Just keep in mind that if you roll over while taking a nap, that fucking alarm is gonna go off. At one point I got fucking pissed because I had a dick of a nurse up my ass because the bed alarm went off when I rolled over while sleeping. I waited for him to leave my room than waited about 5 min before setting off the bed alarm in pompous. he rushed back into my room and decided to be an ass again. So I waited for him to leave my room and a dew min than I set off the bed again again. I got a different nurse rushing in my room. So that problem was solved.  If you have to get out of bed for any reason, even to use the restroom, you have to page for a nurse. They come to your room and put a hat on your head that is sort of like a hard cat with a fuck ton of foam padding in it.  The only good part is that the whole thing is temporary. Once your brain is nearing normal side because the swelling is just about gone, they pull your chunk of skull out of refrigeration and when its thawed they do a quick sugary to put back into place. They don't do something weird like slap a port a cadavers skull into your head or anything.  Trust me when I said I asked. 

I've been wondering (no offense intended) if you have noticed the strange use of different words in place of the correct ones. I'm just concerned about brain damage or something. For example in your above post, words like "organizer", "thirded", "revise", "list", "care", "bleeds", etc. Once again, I mean no offense. Just making sure you're ok and are aware you used wrong words.

It's terrible to hear about all that, but I'm glad to hear you're (slowly) recovering. Here's to a complete recovery.

Glad to hear there is progress! Sometimes lights and anything bright can set off headaches and weird sensations with head injuries. It doesn't work for everyone but it might help to dim screens and to turn off lights.

hey, i know this is a necrobump, but does anyone know if op is okay? the fact that they stopped logging in shortly after their last post here is really concerning

39 minutes ago, roadworx said:

hey, i know this is a necrobump, but does anyone know if op is okay? the fact that they stopped logging in shortly after their last post here is really concerning

Based on the profile it seems improbable anyone here was close enough to know for sure. But the timing certainly does not bode well. Sad.