Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egg Boy

Lime and Lava, 4 Short Maps for Boom

Here are some maps made for the NaNoWADMo (2018). I got a bit distracted and never got much further than these 4 little guys. Tested in PRBoom+. There may be a few minor alignment issues, but other than that it should be a pretty smooth ride. Here's a few cute screen shots!

Spoiler

image.png.145d3a8a6d86868742a56bc48e2e74d4.pngimage.png.9d31538089aae04296b278e6619fe6a4.pngimage.png.9d9efbf3e8204fc6c2a697a8cc9e4cbc.png

Here's a link!

Okay so I just finished the 4 maps and I got to say, they're quite a blast to run through! My only complaint is the lack of ammo for the pistol on MAP01 (and for some reason the heavy reliance of the rocket launcher).

Also no chaingun. This confuses me.

10/10

15 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Okay so I just finished the 4 maps and I got to say, they're quite a blast to run through! My only complaint is the lack of ammo for the pistol on MAP01 (and for some reason the heavy reliance of the rocket launcher).

Also no chaingun. This confuses me.

10/10

Haha, thanks for the feedback. I intentionally withheld the pistol ammo and chaingun specifically to force the player to use the rocket launcher, I thought it made the gameplay more interesting. Basically, in Map01 you either punch things with the berserk or you shoot them with a rocket.

1 hour ago, Ribbiks said:

I like limes, I like punching things. please find attached a uv fda continuous demo.

limes_01_fda_rbk.lmp.zip

Wow! Thank you for playing, Ribbiks. Surprised you got that sequence break at the beginning of map01. I tried so hard to make it impossible, haha. Guess I didn't get it right. I also noticed you were confused with the switch in map04. Maybe I should have put it on the front of the mancubus platform. Again thank you for trying it out, hope you had fun :)

Checkin out your maps here, gonna post screenshots with things I find notable.  

Spoiler

image.png.14ab43fff0678a94737049c65896c472.png  

Maybe having the wall behind the player lower and reveal other monsters?  Push the player down and out, force a bit of action.  I was able to sit here and rocket down the revs, only one got a shot off.  Map 2 in general is often not having monsters teleport in.   

image.png.f51c45e21df44ec4bece67d2d09f12e7.png

The mancs on the pillars with the green flats are notable offenders.  

image.png.6ce8d0a3bcffae9d809fcf40d885277e.png

Map 3, after grabbing YSK, I am not sure why this closet and the pinky only appear if you use the tele. Backtracking neuters this, maybe have it happen after grabbing the key instead.  Also not sure why I ended the map with quite a few shells and never saw a shotgun.  

Map 4, forced pickup for a switch?  This isn't a point of no return and any player who hasn't wasted ammo is being punished for being effective. 

image.png.4d579a459d007776bbc4db0e311fa49e.png

image.png.fa2af897a703c47e5dad39fabc000e70.png

Make this vile teleport behind the player, maybe even half this group of monsters.  Pinch them, don't reward running away.

My only real complaints here are the lack of threat and the megasphere on map 4.  I picked it up super early and finished the map at approx 150/150.  

Overall, good stuff! Make more maps!