Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gabenslair

If you could only bring one custom texture in a wad. .

If you could only add one custom texture/flat in a map (or even a megawad), what would it be? It doesn't matter if the maps gonna be limit-removing to gzdoom. What will your one special texture be?

For me, I'd go for a simply more essential looking flat like a checkerboard tile

CYBCHECK.png

21 hours ago, pc234 said:

Just add in an ALLBLACK texture.

For real. Often I wonder why id Software never made an all black flat and texture for effects and such.

I know this is cheating but the lack of WFALL1 - 4 in Doom2 is a crime against humanity. I wish I had a dollar for every time a mapper just getting into making stuff for Doom2 has looked around in confusion and frustration for that texture while designing a map. I’d be a millionaire.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I know this is cheating but the lack of WFALL1 - 4 in Doom2 is a crime against humanity. I wish I had a dollar for every time a mapper just getting into making stuff for Doom2 has looked around in confusion and frustration for that texture while designing a map. I’d be a millionaire.

Same for one that goes well with LAVA*.

57 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Would it count if I made a megatexture containing all of OTEX? :P

like a giant "John Carmack" 99999x99999 image containing the entirety of OTEX? That'll count

15 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Would it count if I made a megatexture containing all of OTEX? :P

That could actually work. Not sure what the limits are. It have to be wide vs. tall - like TNT's multiple animated textures.

The single texture type that, in my opinion, benefits most from customization is the sky. A custom sky almost immediately determines the mood of the map.

5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

The 16-wide support texture from the N5 texture pack.

Split your linedefs- just make one!