Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2019 Mentionation Thread

On 12/16/2018 at 4:32 PM, Not Jabba said:
  • Post the name and author of a project and a link to its download

Is this like a speed limit sign?

15 hours ago, Philnemba said:

DOOMBA for potential Codeaward (or Machaward?!) of the year for 2019.

This is the most interesting  concept  i've seen made so far in this year...

What an absolute ride. A bit easy on UV, but aside from that I'm in love. Doom needs more Metroidvania-style WADs!

+++Lunar Catastrophe

Literally only just released, but another amazingly on-point UD megawad!

+++Lunar Catastrophe

+++Bury My Heart Knee Deep

A double shot of love to the original DooM! Nothing for it got a mention last year.

38 minutes ago, FrancisT18 said:

+++Lunar Catastrophe

+++Bury My Heart Knee Deep

A double shot of love to the original DooM! Nothing for it got a mention last year.

Bury My Heart Knee Deep, although very awesome and very Doom 1-ish, is a Doom 2 map.

@HAK3180Yeah I meant anything for DooM I OR with clearly the DooM I aesthetic or feel. Nothing last year has either of that. In BMHKD the DooM II stuff only makes the map better IMO and yet whenever you're not using the SSG (which is a long time to find especially without secrets) or fighting the occasional DooM II monster, it felt like playing a DooM I map.

Eviternity. I just finished playing it. Wow, it blew me away.

EDIT: Also, add in Lunar Catastrophe in to the mix as well. Such a nice old-school Ultimate Doom megawad.

EDIT2: I also want to add in Sigil in to the nominations.

Oh, and for gameplay mod of the year, how about Lambda? It's a weapons mod that puts the weapons and items from Half-Life and HL:Opposing Forces into Doom. The weapons are recreated pretty accurately.

Edited by Lizardcommando

It's not often you get a well-made megawad that treats Hell as the midpoint of the adventure and not the end.

I'd like to nominate someone for the Espi Award that probably should have won it by now: Andrew "Linguica" Stine.

Linguica was one of the founders of this very site. He also convinced John Romero to release the Doom source code, which allowed for the creation of source ports. He's done a lot for this community and I am honestly surprised that he hasn't won the Espi Award yet.

7 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I'd like to nominate someone for the Espi Award that probably should have won it by now: Andrew "Linguica" Stine.

Linguica was one of the founders of this very site. He also convinced John Romero to release the Doom source code, which allowed for the creation of source ports. He's done a lot for this community and I am honestly surprised that he hasn't won the Espi Award yet.

Sadly but latest works attract more attention. There are actually many ppl from the past who deserve this award.

12 hours ago, Mere_Duke said:

Sadly but latest works attract more attention. There are actually many ppl from the past who deserve this award.

The last winner of the Espi award was a guy who has not released anything since 2009.

As part of the staff, Linguica has taken himself out of consideration. The rest of us on the committee might decide to spite him eventually, but for now he's the one protected non-target.

21 hours ago, dew said:

As part of the staff, Linguica has taken himself out of consideration. The rest of us on the committee might decide to spite him eventually, but for now he's the one protected non-target.

Honestly, as Linguica convinced Romero himself to release the source code, I believe Linguica should win an Espi.

This single act is arguably the reason the Doom modding community is what it is today.  Think also of how many other FPSes would not in turn have had their source codes released if this had not happened.

Staff members have final say but I'd agree +++Linguica. Anyone who convinced Romero to release the source code is probably WHY DooM still has such a large and active community.

3 hours ago, Master O said:

Honestly, as Linguica convinced Romero himself to release the source code, I believe Linguica should win an Espi.

This single act is arguably the reason the Doom modding community is what it is today.  Think also of how many other FPSes would not in turn have had their source codes released if this had not happened.

Not only that, he helped create this very site and he has done many wonderful things for the community.

On 12/26/2018 at 1:32 PM, TheMightyHeracross said:

+1 Hellshots Golf, easy Multiplayer Award pick.

Unless someone makes Doom Soccer or something...

I mean Football, before the whole planet tries to murder me for calling it Soccer... :)