Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2019 Mentionation Thread

Eviternity for sure about to finish chapter 3 tonight on ultra violence! With three chapters left , I can only imagine how tough this megawad will get. I am having a blast, thanks Dragonfly and everyone who worked on this amazing megawad!👍👏

On 3/20/2019 at 8:31 PM, Paul814 said:

Eviternity for sure about to finish chapter 3 tonight on ultra violence! With three chapters left , I can only imagine how tough this megawad will get. I am having a blast, thanks Dragonfly and everyone who worked on this amazing megawad!👍👏

Also since I dont want to just be a normie and say eviternity, Shipwrecked by Roofi.

Edited by Rhebiz

On 3/20/2019 at 7:52 PM, Rhebiz said:

Also since I dont want to just be a normie and say eviternity, Shipwrecked by Roofi.

i believe that's just an individual level from the deadly standards e2 project. not sure if you can nominate individual maps within projects but unless roofi pulls the map out and releases it standalone it's a part of that

2 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

i believe that's just an individual level from the deadly standards e2 project. not sure if you can nominate individual maps within projects but unless roofi pulls the map out and releases it standalone it's a part of that

Oh didnt notice that. disregard that i guess. Saw it in Hak's thread of playing individual levels.

47 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

i believe that's just an individual level from the deadly standards e2 project.

44 minutes ago, Rhebiz said:

Saw it in Hak's thread of playing individual levels.

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry, I never mentioned the project, but Roofi never mentioned the project, so I didn't know.

Maybe all Deadly Standards 2 can have a cacoward? I don't think is possible, but a man can dream.

Also I like to suggest Blood: the curse hunter if it wasn't already mentioned... seen a video of its gameplay and looks impressive for me...

Hedon by Zan: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56480

It gets so good that the first few maps seem relatively weak by the end. Stick with it if the first level is a little off-putting, the game matures into a damned masterpiece of world building and story telling. Candidate for the Spaceship of Theseus award, but worth any kind of award if something more non-DOOM gets in there.

17 hours ago, Kroc said:

It gets so good that the first few maps seem relatively weak by the end. Stick with it if the first level is a little off-putting, the game matures into a damned masterpiece of world building and story telling. Candidate for the Spaceship of Theseus award, but worth any kind of award if something more non-DOOM gets in there.

Oh wow, that is very cool.

19 hours ago, Kroc said:

I just finished it last night and was on my way to mentionate it myself. I loved it form beginning to end. Considering the scope and ambition of this project, as well as some of the honourable mentions in the credits, I'm surprised that no one else has talked about it here already as far as I've seen.

Well as most people seemed to already have mentioned this one, i i guess it's only fitting that i have a chance to "put in a vote" so to speak (yes i know that there is no voting ;P) and that would be for Eviternity. It's just amazing in it's own right that i can't really put it into words. I had so much fun playing it! It's gotten a lot of praise already and it's for a very good reason. It's well balanced, looks amazing, plays amazing and has great music. What more can you want? 

Release thread for Eviternity in case you don't feel like visiting the great idgames archive:

That's the newest one that i've played so far as i've been trying to get more acquainted with the classics so to speak, thanks to all of the lists that DW has :)

Edited by CyberDreams

6 minutes ago, TheMindbender said:

Adventure of square maybe

Both Adventures of Square games already won the award, in 2014 and 2018.

24 minutes ago, TheMindbender said:

I am a idiot

BTW, it is "an" idiot not "a" idiot. Just saying

On 4/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Smight said:

Skillsaw maps

Valiant and Ancient Aliens have already a cacoward in the last years iirc

I don't know about Jimmy maps had any cacoward...

20 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

Adonis by riderr3 is pretty damn good

+1 for Adonis from me too.

Has to be the first puzzle megawad I actually enjoyed playing from start to finish, considering how much I hate this kind of maps in general.

Having just finished it tonight, I'm giving a strong Cacoward recommendation to Lunar Catastrophe by Miss Bubbles/Count651.

Ultimate Doom megawads aren't easy to make enjoyable, but this one certainly hit the mark for me despite a more difficult episode 4. Definitely some good mapping potential from this boyfriend/girlfriend duo.

21 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

Having just finished it tonight, I'm giving a strong Cacoward recommendation to Lunar Catastrophe by Miss Bubbles/Count651.

Ultimate Doom megawads aren't easy to make enjoyable, but this one certainly hit the mark for me despite a more difficult episode 4. Definitely some good mapping potential from this boyfriend/girlfriend duo.

Thank you so much for the nomination! :)