Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2019 Mentionation Thread

Don't know if this was already mentioned for a cacoward or not, but I claim this for a mordeth award at least, since it's been worked out from 1997 until this day! 

Deadly Standards 2 if it's released in 2019

• Eviternity (the overall quality, quantity and variety packed into the mod makes this a hard lock even this early on)
  • Hedon (Simply beautiful and varied gameplay-wise with each level having its little "twist". Only downside is that it is not hard to get lost)
  • Linear Doom (One of those "it's amazing no one thought of this before" ideas.)

TBP (To Be Played):

• Extermination Day (by Sgt. MkIV) (If this releases this year then it wouldn't be far-fetched to assume it would be featured.)
  • SIGIL

My fiancé beat Eviternity. I'm not sure if it counts as 2019 or not as I don't know when it came out, but I definitely nominate that glorious eyecandy!

Oh right, and SIGIL. If any bitter people are complaining it shouldn't due to the release date mishap or it having paid boxed sets for $$$, I haven't checked, fuck 'em. I've seen video plays and I mean christ it's one of the gods of doom regardless. 11 not 10 this year again?

Everternity was fairly amazing so I'll certainly be nominating it.

The Slaughter Spectrum is such a spectacle that I feel it deserves a mentionation. It feels like the logical conclusion of this particular aesthetic. The use of portals really pushes this set into being something special.

Gonna plug Tango's Paradise. That mapset/mod sets the bar for zdoom/gzdoom wads very high indeed. Pretty much flawless in every aspect

First time mentioning something here, because why not, stuff like Preacher, Avactor, Struggle (etc) that I would have called before deservedly won awards already so, I'd like to add my cents for other new ones, all of them being amazing creations:

+ 1K Line Community Project, leaded by Liberation, various mappers involved.

+ Adonis by riderr3

+ The Slaughter Spectrum by BridgeBurner56

Paradise by Tango (DOOT DOOT)

Flotsam by Benjogami, Bemused, Scotty, MrZzul, Nirvana and Archi.

+ The Slaughter Spectrum

+ Hell-Forged

+ Lilywhite Lilith

EDIT:

+ Hurt

Holy crap.

Edited by Terminus

1 hour ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

I would also like to nominate Faithless

For a minute there I thought you were talking about the English electronica group....

Another vote from me, Disparate Realities this time, I really enjoyed this one too.

so, we have Sigil, Eviternity and Deathless, Lunar Catastrophe, The Wayfarer, and Paradise all seem solid. Hurt and Verdant Citadel, too.

But then you are telling me that DVii, Sunder, BTSX3, Plutonia3, TNT2, and MAYhem2019 are coming out this year as well?

Talk about saturation. This obviously is the year for DOOM.  Godspeed everyone.

1 hour ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

so, we have Sigil, Eviternity and Deathless, Lunar Catastrophe, The Wayfarer, and Paradise all seem solid. Hurt and Verdant Citadel, too.

But then you are telling me that DVii, Sunder, BTSX3, Plutonia3, TNT2, and MAYhem2019 are coming out this year as well?

Talk about saturation. This obviously is the year for DOOM.  Godspeed everyone.

No.  Every year is the year of Doom! 

:)

I'd like to mention Wayfarer by @Not Jabba because it's not only a 9 map Heretic WAD, which is rare enough, but also a grandiose looking WAD. The maps all look gorgeous, feature grand vistas and are well designed so as to not let the player get stuck or backtrack needlessly. Some setpieces really look quite gorgeous and I was actually very fond of the "interactive sector lighting". Remove some pillars and the shadows gradually (!) also vanish. Disable a force field and the surrounding area also magically gets darker. Wonderful stuff.

Oh and did I mention it is additionally also a gameplay mod as well and thus makes Heretic even more fun to play?

I want to mention  "1000 lines community project" led by Liberation. Cool and rather beautiful vanilla maps for this kind of project.

Deathless and Sigil for sure.

Deathless is just astonishing in the amount of maps and the detailing of them, plus it's fairly old school DOOM.

Sigil is just amazing imo. Like, if you haven't, open it in a WAD editor. Romero is a crazy good designer and his detailing on these levels is brilliant. Not to mention how he packaged Deathmatch levels within the levels.

Thanks MasterO, but I don't know if it will be done in time. But I'll try my hardest.

Oh and...

+Eviternity

+Sigil

Edited by Payload4367 : added mentions

6 hours ago, Payload4367 said:

Thanks MasterO, but I don't know if it will be done in time. But I'll try my hardest.

Oh and...

+Eviternity

+Sigil

If I'm not mistaken, there was a Doom 2 demo wad that won a Cacoward a few years ago, so there is precedent.  

Unbeliever by @Ryath

One of the best Heretic wads I've played in some time. Lots of clever and innovative ideas here. These aren't just maps. Each level is its own unique experience.

*I personally believe that SIGIL deserves to be at least mentioned somewhere in the Cacowards this year (and i'm almost positive that it will be). Whether or not it deserves to win is up to the Judges although i do hope that it does win some sort of Cacoward :)

*I believe that i've already mentioned Eviternity but i'll just mention it again just in case ;)

*Eviternity couldn't have been done without the OTEX textures (at least i think so) so maybe that should win something as well, if there is a category for it (also the author of those ukiro).

*Jimmy for his amazing MIDI work/compositions, as well as all of the other stuff that he does (mapping and what not).