Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2019 Mentionation Thread

Nominating Guardsoul's E1M3 remake, it's fantastic! It's a modern, faithful recreation of E1M3 that expands upon the original concepts without taking away anything we loved about the original map, also unlike KDIZD's E1M3, this one's details do not get in your way :)

I'm very much loving the increase in classic Ultimate DOOM wads! There's "Oops, All Tech Bases" to look forward to :)

Go ahead and pencil in a vote for Doom Zero from me. Fantastic wad that invokes the feelings of playing Doom 2 for the first time again in all the right ways.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:16 PM, Sparktimus said:

Go ahead and pencil in a vote for Doom Zero from me. Fantastic wad that invokes the feelings of playing Doom 2 for the first time again in all the right ways.

This!!!

Diggin it so far. Pretty good puzzley maps and interesting fights all around.
It really feels like a true secuel to for Doom, i don't know how to explain it right, but it reamins me soo much what i feel when i played Doom 2 for the very first time.

Its amazing!

Edited by P41R47

It came to this. Damnit. I didn't want to mention more WADs as in a way, the more you nominate, the more you dilute your voice but..

Alienated and Lost Civilization both deserve at least a runner-up position, possibly a Cacoward. I only doubt because this year the competition is super tough.

This one needs some extra love IMHO. Its a full megawad and it shows a lot of dedication and detail. And it's for doom64ex/ImDoom64 ;)

22 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

It came to this. Damnit. I didn't want to mention more WADs as in a way, the more you nominate, the more you dilute your voice but..

This thread is exclusively a safety net against a release going unnoticed by the committee. It decides no awards, it's not a vote. So one needn't worry about that. 

I might be the odd man out but I want to recommend these

Germs

Bloodicide

Splatterhouse 3D

Cyb's Freaky Colonoscopy

Also want to mention

Shadow Zone

it's short but if this mapper had more time this could be incredible

Also from what other people have said:

Eviternity, Hurt, Paradise, and especially Lost Civilization all of the other recommendations are pretty great.

Edited by The_Forbidden_Tuna

14 hours ago, Terminus said:

DBP16 for Machaward.

Machaward?!?!?!

MOD OF THE YEAR!!!!

Seriously, awesome work!

Check it asap, guys!!!

EDIT: God, check out all the works the DoomBoards memebers make in 2019, they make some beautiful and awesome maps full of neat ideas.

Shotgun Symphony by @Steve D - an Episode 1 replacement for Ultimate Doom with great stock texture usage and nice detail, consisting of large, sprawling interconnected techbases that each feel like their own adventure, with some cleverly hidden secrets that invite thorough exploration. If I only had 4 words to describe it "Fava Beans on steroids" would be pretty accurate, very fun to play!

Some great projects this year. My current list:

+Eviternity

+Hellforged

+Paradise

+Alien Bastards

And I’m sure there will be more to add later! I’ve still got stuff to try! This’ll be a tough year to judge. Huge spread of incredibly old school masterpieces and intricate new school stuff. Whew!

+++Hell-forged by Amuscaria

Gorgeous hellish levels with the coolest weapon replacements you'll ever see in a Doom episode!

As good as it looks, it's a bit too late for mentionning it to the 2019 cacowards, what with being released in 2015. I'd suggest mentionning it there instead:

It has been updated heavily this year, and just now it has been finished (because of the story of the wad itself). I'll leave it to the discretion of the judges, so don't worry.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Hedon, if any of the jury members want to check it out, let me know and I'll drop you a review key for the most recent build.