Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #546

Nice, thank you @antares031 for reviewing my chex map! I suppose this was the start of my descent into the hard/"challenge map" madness...

Maybe we should be messaging people who get reviewed? It's not like people are lurking to wait for a review of their year-old release...

On 12/23/2018 at 9:55 PM, magicsofa said:

Maybe we should be messaging people who get reviewed? It's not like people are lurking to wait for a review of their year-old release...

Absolutely agree with this. Notify them if they get reviewed!

On 1/4/2019 at 5:23 PM, Marcaek said:

Might lead to some actually worthwhile postmortem commentary from authors!

All commentary from the dead is worthwhile

On 12/24/2018 at 12:55 AM, magicsofa said:

I take offense from that, I'm still waiting for idledoom.wad to be reviewed

15 hours ago, Albertoni said:

I take offense from that, I'm still waiting for idledoom.wad to be reviewed

If it's any consolation, here is the full review that I wrote back when I wrote the more condensed one that will eventually appear in Newstuff.

48 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

My last map wasn’t reviewed and isn’t listed at the review center. Is this normal? Every other map I’ve released got newstuffed sooner or later.

For whatever reason the Newstuff review center is not listing any PWADs since Paul's upload on 28 Jul 2017. I wanted to say that this is around the time that the forum software transition occured but that was actually back in March of 2017. I have no clue what the issue is but it's not just you.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:34 AM, kmxexii said:

For whatever reason the Newstuff review center is not listing any PWADs since Paul's upload on 28 Jul 2017. I wanted to say that this is around the time that the forum software transition occured but that was actually back in March of 2017. I have no clue what the issue is but it's not just you.

My guess is that with the sheer size of the current backlog, Bloodshedder (or whoever manages the newstuff subpage) hasn't yet bothered to update the list... (assuming that's how it works...)

On 1/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, kmxexii said:

If it's any consolation, here is the full review that I wrote back when I wrote the more condensed one that will eventually appear in Newstuff.

Well, if I was waiting for what is a condensed review, and you give me more than the condensed review... I guess that makes it more than enough consolation. Thanks!

Edit: BTW, thanks for the praise. Always good to see someone liking something a bit more experimental, even if, in your own words, it's only a proof of concept.

Silly fun fact, wanna know how much time I spent balancing the game? Zero. I put some initial thought into the numbers, like, the money monsters give when they die is monster HP / 10, and the weapons were a bit based on damage per hit, but... Other than that, it was just "double the previous value, round to a number that's a big higher, include some 666's for funsies."

Edited by Albertoni

(2 months later...)

Yeah, it sure is quiet. C'mon guys, we need to pick up some slack!

The forum is very active so this silence of four months in real life shouldn't happen. 

I think a not for profit is what this website and all creators and players deserve.

Time for one of us to make an alternative to new stuff.

Well, I tried. I didn't like the result. Hopefully sixteen candles or sweet sixteen DON'T make the next cacoward banner. I wanted to contribute but just take it as an example of what not to do guys!

True. It's the 16th Cacowards though right? As in the first ten years were just the top 100?

Then of course my fiancé's sketches. ;)

I'm just messing around. I'm sure she'd be beyond excited if these were picked and I didn't tell her until they were up!

But I'm sure you guys have your sources. But the new movie DOES have doomgirl, so I dunno.

SIXTEEN.jpg

SIXTEEN2.jpg

You guys need a contest each year for artists!

Winner gets to be the cacoward banner.

On 5/16/2019 at 5:32 AM, dybbuk said:

You guys need a contest each year for artists!

Winner gets to be the cacoward banner.

That's not a bad idea. I would definitely contribute to that!

Please take that to another thread, this has nothing to do with the reviews.