Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The-Heretic-Assassin

Excited For Eternal?

Posted (edited)

Nope. I'm not... but once it comes out, I will be. It's tough to get excited for something that's not out yet even with the trailers. Perhaps hearing Youtubers trash the game for not getting a review copy will help get me psyched!

Edited by geo

I have to say that I am pretty excited for Doom Eternal. What I like about what we have seen so far that Eternal takes things to a new level after Doom 2016 being still pretty conservative basic shooter. I like grappling hook stuff and improved movement abilities in general. I feel they are adding elements of character action games, Eternal so far does remind me alot of Devil May Cry series. Tone seems to be going to be more silly which i think is great, Doom 2016 was stil bit too serious and less serious tone balances better with the "Rip and Tear" violence.

Extra lives seem to work like gold orbs in Devil May Cry series and armaments are also a great idea that could add more variety to the combat. There should more tools in Doom Slayers arsenal outside of actual guns and I want the game to encourage player to use the full arsenal together in many creative and cool ways and reward you from it. Just take as much influence from Devil May Cry 5 as possible with this stuff.

I am more excited for this one then i was for Doom 2016. I mean, i was really excited for Doom 2016 (aka Doom 4) at first, but then after it came out and i saw what it was i wasn't as excited anymore. That's when i got back into playing classic Doom again. TBH, i still haven't playing Doom 2016 which i totally need too. Some of the enemy designs and the more Quake feel of it kinda threw me off (not to mention supposedly having to clear certain areas before progressing), but i'm going too far off on a tangent here...

I just didn't really feel excited for another retelling of Doom as i thought that Doom 3 was considered a "reboot" or "retelling" or at least at the time it was. So for this game, Doom Eternal, it seems more like a Doom 2 reboot or retelling which is really interesting to me. More of the Earth type elements (Hell on Earth basically). I still actually haven't seen much footage so i'll probably go and watch the videos that are out for Eternal after i write this post, then update as necessary, just to make sure i'm correct on that. 

But yes, i am excited.

3 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

I am more excited for this one then i was for Doom 2016. I mean, i was really excited for Doom 2016 (aka Doom 4) at first, but then after it came out and i saw what it was i wasn't as excited anymore. That's when i got back into playing classic Doom again. TBH, i still haven't playing Doom 2016 which i totally need too. Some of the enemy designs and the more Quake feel of it kinda threw me off (not to mention supposedly having to clear certain areas before progressing), but i'm going too far off on a tangent here...

For me Doom Eternal looks much more Quake 2-ish than Doom 2016, especially for the Phobos part: 

• BFG 10K: Compare Quake 2s orbital gun / big gun: https://quake.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Gun
  • Human NPCs (even talking): https://youtu.be/ZwIaz-liqaw
  • Strogg enemy (as seen in the Stadia video)

The Sentinal Prime level (I really hope the player visits this in the very beginning, since being confronted with all the lore would be great after Doom 2016 left players with so many unanswered questions) and Hell on Earth look very Doom-ish.