Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One Doomed Bunny

GZDoom Builder Monsters not showing up

Question

So, where do I start?

Basically, this all started when I decided to move my mod to a pk3 format. Loaded it in the config in GZDoom builder and started mapping. But the actors (Monsters) will not show up even though I have already selected them and placed them into a map. Those were custom monsters mind you. So after many troubleshooting steps later, I decided to try making a map in UDMF format for Doom II only with no mods. So I made a new map like this:

165133214_bandicam2018-12-2121-01-00-195.png.bbc7ea985136568a9a497bd19696f6b5.png

So, I ran in in GZDoom (Test) and this happened:

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_205942.png.85b363959c335f51a705401225aff3ac.png

There are also no monsters in the mini map indicator:

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_205953.png.d5b72cd93e962c9241f29ebcb0be9967.png

So, to make it even weirder listen to this. When I save the map and drag it onto GZDoom manually *drum rolls* IT WORKS!

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_210947.png.2a9d12efa021a0e80a953610c52eb221.png

So, what on earth is going on? I guess I should also add that I am using GZDoom 3.6.0 and I also tried running the mod manually and it worked as well this time. Builder seems to be having issues or maybe it just does not like me. I remember that about a week ago it worked fine but now its just weird. I also tried other mods such as Brutal Doom, Duke Nukem TC, Batman Doom ETC...

Any help would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, One Doomed Bunny said:

So, what on earth is going on? I guess I should also add that I am using GZDoom 3.6.0 and I also tried running the mod manually and it worked as well this time. Builder seems to be having issues or maybe it just does not like me. I remember that about a week ago it worked fine but now its just weird. I also tried other mods such as Brutal Doom, Duke Nukem TC, Batman Doom ETC...

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried re-installing GZDB?

5 minutes ago, Bauul said:

You're not testing the map with No Monsters selected are you?

Untitled.jpg

Ah, truly my idiocy has struct me hard this time. Thank you that seems to be the problem.

Just now, One Doomed Bunny said:

Ah, truly my idiocy has struct me hard this time. Thank you that seems to be the problem.

Hah, no worries!  It's far better to be something that simple than some really weird hard-to-fix error!

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Hah, no worries!  It's far better to be something that simple than some really weird hard-to-fix error!

Yes, that's true. Thank you again.

Oh, and make sure you up-arrow my answer and close the question thread.  Too many of these are left open even when someone provides an answer.