Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Soulja Boy vs. Nintendo

I was reading about this and was wondering what the hell he was thinking. xD Probably nothing at all, actually.

Despite this articles overly incendiary/clickbaity title, what he did was so fucking retarded on so many levels. He didn’t just sell copyrighted material, he sold it in the form of barely functional trash. A used PSP on eBay from 10 years ago with some preloaded games is infinitely better than what he offered. Also gotta love him pulling out the “fuck u nerdzzzz” type lines.. Dude, you are the dumbshit that just sold a pile of shit “retro console” that didn’t work and everyone hated you clueless dork. Zero self awareness and zero room to talk shit on anyone!

The level of stupidity from this guy is sad & hilarious at the same time! I'm really looking forward to seeing Nintendo throwing lawsuits at him and see his console "business" crash and burn! 

Soulji Boy consoles are just cheap cash grabs, but thankfully we can mod them. I've even seen some videos on Youtube about those things.

14 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Is now a bad time to wheel out the "just get a Pi" argument?

NO!!! This topic is about Soulji Boy, you idiot!

Someone's going to get a HUUUUUUGE lump of coal in his stocking on Tuesday morning.

2 hours ago, InsanityBringer said:

i feel like at some point i've transferred to an alternate dimension where just endless weird shit happens, and I'm wondering how I get back to the normal one.

I’ve worked out what it is - we’re nearing the end of the simulation’s life span. The randomisation code is starting to run out of combinations and weird shit is happening - People are setting their shoes on fire while wearing them, eating laundry detergent like it’s food, that old guy from Celebrity Apprentice got elected, Soulja Boy made a console (and didn’t call it ‘The SouljaBoy’, what a missed opportunity). Next thing you know it will literally be raining cats and dogs.

People have probably always been stupid like that. What's changed is that now you have a bunch of online media trying to do money with clickbait titles and it works. 

That old guy from Celebrity Apprentice got elected because he knows exactly how the media works. 

I wouldn't have read this article if there wouldn't have been "Homophobic" in the title. His tweets have nothing homophobic to me. The titles of online news articles are mostly always deception nowadays. 

1 hour ago, TakenStew22 said:

Was Soulja Boy always an asshole like this? This is the first time I've heard of him and his consoles. It said he was a popular rapper.

Merry Christmas.

19 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Merry Christmas.

Oh, he made THAT song? After all these years I wasn't hearing the "Soulja Boy" in it.

Also, merry Christmas. :)

Aww yeah looking at crazy people doing crazy shit while i am safe from their crazy shit is the best :D

It's awesome that he went for his own console... that wasn't his own console. It also proves how nice Nintendo is to send a C&D rather than an actual lawsuit and gag order to start with.

This will make a great "whatever happened to Soulja Boy?" It's rare to have a one hit wonder in the past 20 years, because the big companies will always ensure that more songs become hits. Chances are his people realized what an idiot he is after the first song and distanced themselves from him.

He also claims in a Tweet 5 million sold... no way in hell.

His "review" of Braid was so accurate though. It's like Mario in a suit that you can reverse time.

Back to his one hit, I remember when it was in its prime and most everyone at a bowling alley would do the "Crank Dat" dance whenever the song came on. It was amazing to see. Here's the catch though... at weddings, everyone still does the Ma-Ca-Ra-Na and it's 20+ years later. No one remembers Crank Dat or the dance.

I have never heard of Soulja Boy before this controversy, but good god is this one of the dumbest people I have ever seen. I mean, it isn't even his console! It's just a rebranded Chinese knock-off piece of shit!

Also, I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted here:

Spoiler

heh, on a more serious note, soulja boy is one of those names that's familiar (around the time of his one hit there was a lot of shit talking about him, but I don't listen to that kinda music really) but I didn't really think much of him. Just a generic rapper in a sea of generic rappers. After seeing JonTron's video on this whole thing, i've just been vaguely losing my shit over all of this, to the point where I honestly would like to see at least a little prison time off of this, just due to the sheer nerve of making this move in the first place. heh...