Sephiroth

[closed] shity fads (real poll)

shity fads suck  

39 members have voted

1. 1. shity fads suck

• pokemon/digimon
    • beany babies
    • elmo( or other seasemy street demons)
    • anime (DBZ and other shows done to death)
    • harry potter, this one dont really bother me
    • cellphones as fashion, ok this one is plain dumb
    • reality TV, ok tv really sucks now
    • other... ones i cant think of now

sorry for my mistake there but here is the poll

here is a list of fads that are just palin annoying. some of my most hated are the pokemon and beany babies aswell as cellphone use as a fashion. others that annoy me are the shit load of reality TV shows and the childrens anime shows

I voted Anime. Now don't get me wrong I like good anime. But all those people going nuts over crap like Sailor Moon, ick.

I concur with Drac. It's not the anime, in and of itself; it's the people who swear by the mass-market anime, get obsessed with it and think they're all l33t and shit because they watch it. Dude, guys, turn off Cartoon Network for a few minutes and head over to Suncoast...

I don't think cell phones are really a fad, I mean, they do serve a purpose. Fashion is definately a fad, there's no doubt. IMO, those two should be seperate.

I don't see anything wrong with cell phones. However, I (and I'm guessing most of you as well) have a serious problem when people use them while driving 90 down the interstate like a complete maniac.

yea anime is a biggy for me, come on watch some real shit. to under stand any of them you have to watch the first 40 million episodes.

rap is also annoying, like einem( might as well be enema for all i care) gang rap is just plain lame and i dont like it. seems every rapper is ripping off another rapper.

by cellphones as a fashion i ment exactly that. i can stand all the little girls(14-20) who always make a big deal about their, or getting, a cellphone. "oh look at me I got a cell phone!" and then all the seem to use them for is to call others and say "hey i got a cellphone" then i see girls doing a 'cellphone walk' like they are at some fashion show. next it is all those gay ass stands that sell all that lame sellphone junk. I remeber working a krogers, in the photolab, we sold that shit. It got annoying cause people would steal from the stand and we had to watch it. after that every time i see one of those booths i want to blow the shit out of it.

Ct_red_pants said:

reality TV. By morons, For morons!

heh, see anna nicole smith show. your brain ceases to function after 2 minutes. but really, you know cell phone are a problem when you see a couple walking down the street, each of them on a cell phone. it looks like they're talking to each other, which if that were true would be very disturbing.

the whole pop/rap/metal fusion thing really gets on my nerves. I mean some of these guys think they are so hard, yet their lyrics are lame. they use vocal styles that have been used by thrash/death/black metal and grindcore bands and think they are original. in short they suck. that my two lincolns

VileSlay said:

heh, see anna nicole smith show. your brain ceases to function after 2 minutes. but really, you know cell phone are a problem when you see a couple walking down the street, each of them on a cell phone. it looks like they're talking to each other, which if that were true would be very disturbing.

Anna Nicole rapping into a cell phone going 90 down the interstate in the latest abercrombie clothes, all viewed in anime. OH TEH HORROR!!!!11

Don't forget Pokemon and Beanie Babies doing the Macerena (the all time worst fad) on the roof of the car. And the all use...GASP!...AOL!

yea cell phones are a problem, mainly cause alot of dumbasses get them for no reason. i have seen people next to each other talking on a cellphone to each other. i see it on camapss every day. we also knew a girl who was so lazy she used her's to call the upstaris of her house. i hate the fact the allow the use of them in the main buildings at my college. out side would be alright. you got thousands of morons useing the phone and every one wonders where the interfernce is coming from. to make things worse the buildings are like one bad quake map, all cement walls.

however TV has also began to suck. watching any reality tv show leaves you passed out in an alley and bleeding from your anus

All of the above and more.

One really stupid fad is bad grammar. What's with people saying "my bad" all the time? It indicates a definite lack of intelligence.

AndrewB said:
All of the above and more.

One really stupid fad is bad grammar. What's with people saying "my bad" all the time? It indicates a definite lack of intelligence.

No. That you being an anal retentive pain in the arse.

And Might I also point out that at least the Harry Potter book are getting children to read.

harry potter doesnt bother me at all. some of my friends find it annoying. i remeber we had goose bumps when i was a kid

I like the Harry Potter books myself. As for all the merchandising spinoffs, those suck (as merchandising spinoffs almost always do.)

I hate Harry Potter, but I voted cell phones. Why such an object for fashion, let alone for use? There's never been a point of time where I needed one, I still have a 3 year old pay phone card with like $6.25 on it. I see no reason to hate Reality TV. Real TV and The Osbournes are my favourite shows!

Coopersville said:

I see no reason to hate Reality TV. Real TV and The Osbournes are my favourite shows!

yeah there are good "reality" shows, but the bulk of them suck. if you like real tv, watch maximum exposure, or max x as they call it. If you like watchin people in pain or doing stupid shit, or like seeing censored nudity then tis show rocks. I've seen some pretty sick arm/leg breaks on that show.

BTW, have you guys heard of las ketchup?

cdnow.com said:

The trio of Pilar, Lucia y Lola are the daughters of famed flamenco guitarist Antonio "El Tomate" Fernandez..hence the monker of Las Ketchup. They have quickly conquered the charts of Europe with this hip huggin', catchy song that has all the hallmarks of being 2002's "Macarena". This edition includes a "spanglish" version as well as two remixes. Yes Virginia, there is a dance that accompanies the tune as well, so watch out for world domination!

the horror, the agony. oh, the humanity

On Harry Potter:

My mother reads Harry Potter. She loves it.

My mother thinks D&D is teh Devil.

I tried to explain to her how the two are inherently the same thing, but she refuses to listen.

Ct_red_pants said:

I heard dungeons and dragons call nerdy, sad and pathetic before, but evil?

hmm cast a stfu spell. it has a +10 ageist mothers.

my mother was a pentacostal super christian (not anymore though), so d&d was satanic. but then again so was thundercats and smurfs. so yeah, all that was banned in my household at one point. harry potter is nice, but very innocent. I prefer my lodr of the rings or chronicles of thomas covenant, the unbeliever for fantasy.

::edit:: I just foud out that the ketchup song is no. 1 on one music staion here in ny, and no. 3 on another. ugh, this thing is evil. ::edit::

Hhhhholyfuck, I saw this one book in Hastings that claimed that Harry Potter is Satan's tool for brainwashing the youth, dechristianizing them, and converting them to Wicca.

Now THAT's anal.

Anime= Hate it (well actually I dont hate anime its just some of the shows and crap, and they just look funny)

Harry Pottsmoker and the Mystical adventure of the Magical Leaf= personally I dont really like it, it just annoys me, like I annoy everyone I come in contact with.

Cell Phone Dee lee= No comment, I dont really have anything against this, yet.

Reality TV= I like tv shows like Real tv and Max X, but others I just dont like much nor watch at all.

Beanie babies= I have nothing against these, yet.

S.S.= Burn in Hell u little red bastard and take all ur little friends with you!

Pokemon/Digimon= Ughhhhhh dont get me started on those half-assed creations, they give me night-terrors...Ugggghhhhh

All of those with some exceptions. Cowboy Bebop on Cartoon Network doesn't seem butchered and is a damn good series to see all 26 episodes in the right order. I heard the uncut DVD(s?) of Outlaw Star is good but CN really butchers the show. I've only seen the butchered stuff but there were some good episodes. Yuyu Hakusho is alright. Wicked stuff not on CN: Vampire Hunter D, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (based on series 3 Manga), Akira, Bastard. As far as reality TV goes, the Osbournes and Trigger Happy TV are good.

Plus, the fad of born-again Christianity and patriotism and other conservative bullshit in the US. A fact I find really revolting is about 90% of the players of the Nation Football League are born again Christians, not just Christians who I can respect, but born agains of which many harrass the players who aren't and actually believe that god influences or controls what happens in the football game. They're making millions and probably very few donate to real charities (churches don't count). And we're the ones whose grasp on reality is questioned.

Screw the World! Get quick and easy spiritual fulfillment! It's the all the rage!

Dork Ball Z sucks ass.
I can't believe people really can appreciate the crap they show off in those series..

I chose "other"... you forgot the fad on posting crappy polls on internet forums!

IMJack, maybe your momma read the Dark Dungeons pamphlet in the 80s. It "explained" how evil D&D was and how it mislead people (to hell.)

I think I heard that not too long ago the leader of the most important group blaming D&D of being evil went to jail for something like fraud and whatnot.

Okay...

Pokemon/Digimon: hey, I liked 'em, so what?

Harry Potter: Great books, too damn much merchandising. I wouldn't reccomend HP for really little kids to read, because it might blow their mind when they get to chamber of secrets, when harry gets bitten by an enormous snake, and the fang goes clear through his shoulder and he nearly dies from the poison.

Cell Phones: for god's sake! they're for emergencies dammit! not calling up people and telling them you have a cell phone!

Rap: = Crap

Anime on Cartoon network: It's okay, but for DBZ, my family goes straight for the uncut video tapes.

Now what did I vote for?? Other.

What could other be?

POGS! Pogs, dammit! POGS! Stupid ass cardboard discs that childern flipped over for fun. the only fun that could be gotten out of that is if someone gets hit in the eye with one. Man!