Sephiroth

[closed] shity fads (real poll)

shity fads suck  

39 members have voted

1. 1. shity fads suck

• pokemon/digimon
    • beany babies
    • elmo( or other seasemy street demons)
    • anime (DBZ and other shows done to death)
    • harry potter, this one dont really bother me
    • cellphones as fashion, ok this one is plain dumb
    • reality TV, ok tv really sucks now
    • other... ones i cant think of now

I have to agree woth Seph on the issue on people wearing pants off their ass and show off their underwear;IT'S FUCKING DISGUSTING!
Anime-people would enjoy anime a lot better is Cartoon Network wouldn't butcher the shows. I mean DBZ is chop full of sexual jokes, profanity, and extreme violence in the unedited version.

Probably that pathetic pop act Avril Lavigne who has inspired a bunch of idiots, who, in the words of a friend of mine on another forum act like:

"I listen to Sk8ter Boi! I'm so punk! Look at me! Look at how punk I am! I wear plaid boys shorts! And black ties, crooked, at half-mast! And bright pink Converse sneakers! And look at how many spiked bracelets I have! And my dyed blue hair that is so cool! And so punk!"

God help us all :(

I mean, I'm not a punk and probably never will be, but I know some real punk followers and having heard unfortunately her music, I cannot believe that she even thinks she sings punk songs. Hell, she boasts about playing the guitar, but hardly does in interviews or videso from my understanding.

Oh, and pop should die and be buried IMO.

Lizardcommando said:
Speaking of shoes, what's up with flipflops (sandals) nowadays. I don't know how those sandals got popular, but to me, they look really crappy.

In my crazy contry, we call them "thongs". :)

Ct_red_pants said:

Guess what thongs are in America ;)

Ct_red_pants said:

From what I can remember, flipflops 'were' originally called thongs, but ever since girls started wearing thongs (underwear), I guess people decided to change the original name to flipflops, just so people don't get the sandals mixed up with the underwear.

Livo- Yeah, that's true. Never did see Avril play a guitar at the VMA's or in any of her videos. Even though I'm not much of a music fan, all I know is that the mainstream music crap on MTV'll die out sooner or later... hopefully.

Pop music will never die. Just be happy that you look good in comparison to the majority.

90% of the shirts i own are blank t-shirts, i wear $40 sneakers, i've never bleached or coloured my hair, and I'll be damned if i'm gonna pay $50 for a pair of Oakley's shades (That's supposedly wholesale price too.)

I hate fads. Sure, I had *phony* pogs, but i started realising just how shallow that kind of thing is. If you hate fads, you can do the, "THT Anti-Fad Self-Therapy" It's simple, really...All you have to do is to remember that they are just fads, and by definition they are destined to die shortly. Keep in mind that this kind of dramatic self expression isn't well suited to being the most popular (another fad) kid at school. Oh well, they're all soulless billboards anyways :P

I hope this has been educational for you. :] [/rant]

Oakleys, Ray Bans, etc. are effin' ugly anyway. I have a simple, cheap pair of $5 sunglasses that I think look a lot better than any of the expensive ones.

The number one annoying fad for me is people using 'your' when they should be using 'you're' and visa versa.

You're fad of bumping month old threads is even worse, your a n00b now?

I don't see where anime's that bad. DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, and the others on Cartoon Network - yes, these are annoying, but I feel that most anime is not like that. Can't really compare Akira, Jin-Roh, Ghost in The Shell, and Evangelion to these.

Then again, I'm infatuated with Japan. Just look at my website, now.

Pokemon is another story. IMO, they should be tarred and feathered, then have a beer bottle (covered in salt and lemon juice) shoved up their behind, broken, make them run, then catch them and draw and quarter them. IOW, I dislike Pokemon.

OK, I'll empty the beer bottle first if you don't mind...

myk said:

You're fad of bumping month old threads is even worse, your a n00b now?

Your fad of bumping month old threads is even worse, you're a n00b now?

Jesus Christ.

Mobile phones as fashion items get my vote. They do have their uses, but you don't need them all the time like that, especially with all those gadgets and needing to change them every month.

I would have voted for reality TV, but I only hate the ones that spawn pop stars, tv stars etc. - the reality gameshows (Wanted, Survivor, Jailbreak, The Mole) I think were really good. (but not BB, which went crap after the first series), and as the poll didn't specify which sort of reality shows it was dealing with, I decided on my second choice instead.

Heh, just as well I didn't mention the run-on sentence, don't you hate them? :p

So is this why the mods hate threads being bumped: they instantly turn to shit?

I think the reason is because the threads would make a rather chaotic and "user-unfriendly" forum if you could activate any old ones.