Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Websites you go to, but not very often

I pretty much just go on here, shitpost memes on Facebook, watch ICARUSLIV3S and LA Beast on YouTube, and fall asleep to badly written articles on Cracked.

Guess i'll try to revive this as it's not that old.

Sites i've been going to lately: (most are daily visits)

• doomworld.com (obviously)
  • youtube.com
  • twitch.tv
  • wikipedia (i usually end up here one way or another when looking up random shit)
  • doomwiki.org (i love reading historical Doom info)
  • archive.org (sometimes i'll check up on certain bands live shows or other random content)
  • netflix.com (to watch older shows such as Star Trek, ect.)
  • reverb.com (i like going here and browsing through the used guitars, such as the 80's superstrats like Charvel/Jackson, ESP, Kramer, Ibanez ect.)

Looks like i didn't put any websites that i "go to but not very often". Oh well, i must have misread the title at the time. The few sites i can think of right now are probably:

-craigslist

-livenirvana.com

-guitars101.com

Edited by CyberDreams : update

Netflix, YouTube, Twitch, and Metal-Archives, especially useful for finding new and/or similar artists to the ones you like.

Odd that people are mentioning sites they go to all the time, rather than just "not very often", but whatever.

Anyway, I'll add this one:

fatmap.com

I mostly use it for skiing stuff, but it also has information on hiking trails and other activities. The amount of detailed information about places all over the world is rather impressive. For ski anoraks, it's paradise. For instance, I can get all the nerdy detail about runs like this which I did recently, including gradient profile, max slope (which sometimes comes as a surprise), etc. It also has masses of info and advice about trails that aren't even on the trail maps, such as this and this.

This is typical of the sort of information you might get about a popular hike - certainly enough to decide whether it's for you (though in that case "severe" is a bit of an exaggeration) and some photos too, to give an idea of what awaits. I can see myself using this site a fair bit for planning trips and activities. It also has some info on trails in neighbourhoods and local parks. There are also cool features like terrain layers, such as gradient colours - here's the north face of the Eiger, for instance (with my favourite mountain in the background).

I often go to the following websites:

Lost Media Wiki: mainly for a watchlist of Video Games and other stuff. I'm a member of that site by the way,  commonly active on the site's forums.

Museum of Obsolete Media: to mainly look at obscure Video & Audio formats.

Internet Archive: mainly for some abandonware-related stuff (such as unofficial PWAD discs for DOOM) or using the Wayback Machine to find something that interests me.