Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Christmas 2018 Damage Report (AKA what did you get?)

On 12/26/2016 at 8:11 AM, geo said:

I celebrated. Got nothing really. I used to go nuts for Christmas and buy everyone far too much, but a few years ago I learned don't bother. So now I'm balanced out with what I give. It makes me feel bad to not give, but it makes me feel far better when I don't receive anything.

What's that Geo from 2 years ago? You learned something? Oh I beg to differ, because here you are this year buying gifts for the extended family's children and you managed to this year get absolutely nothing. Like literally nothing. It's cool and okay that I got nothing... I just need to learn and actually remember to give nothing. At some point last year or the year before I did get gift cards from the elders in my family. This year I legitimately received nothing. Well that's not entirely true... a friend and I did a gift exchange 2 weeks ago. I bought her a $35 stuffed panda. I got a $10 Jurassic Park shirt that I literally already owned. That's the level of overboard I go. I have the money, I'm doing good, but I know no one else will put the same amount of money and effort in.

So @Geo before you go on a month long scavenger hunt to buy people things in colors they want... I want you to read this thread.

On the plus side, the gifts I gave everyone last year are still being worn this year. I did go overboard this year with buying gifts. Like why give a $10 necklace to a 10 year old when you can give a $50 necklace... and the $10 necklace?

I got nothing video game related this year, but I did get a bunch of eclectic 80's records, some Giger books, shirts and trousers and a lot of sweets....I am now a dead diabetic. I was going to get some LEGO but that isn't coming until my birthday now.

- Dr Who Shada dvd(the 2017 version with the added animated scenes voice by the original 1979 cast) 

- Double Dragon plug & play console

Spoiler

DvUadzeUUAEnyMM.jpg

- Pac-Man Ghost Light

And these don't really count I guess, as they are sort of "self gifts", but I'll mention them anyway:
- Wii version of Sonic Colors

- PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed

I spent a lot of time on Christmas slogging through Unleashed.  Thankfully Colors was nowhere near as awful.

Sister and her kids are here- assaulted by noise and stuff..headache x.x

Got some nifty goods from her though! :D

- Millionaire Fudge

- Celiac Disease plush that can be turned inside out, very cute! Both me and her got eachother one, hers was E-Coli, and we both got our mother one each too..A fun lil joke theme!

- Moomin on the Riviera DVD

- Lil mini Skillet and some Oreo cookie..something I'll figure it out

- Malteaser Truffles (Been meaning to try these- excited!)

- Some CDs, Freezepop one I already had but a good haul! :D Some I do recognise!

JPEG_20181226_120928.jpg

Lil later on it will be time for Dinner 2.0 ...Gammon today! :D

Fancy keyboard

Fancy mouse

Snow shoes

Head lamp

Wooden coffee mug

Dash cam

Camera battery charger + two batteries

Hoodies (to keep sun off while hiking, not for committing crimes)

Cheese and biscuits

Nuts and fruit

Framed picture of Teddy

got some clothes, candy, and hair products and not much else (although my parents did just buy a house for us so I can't fault them for that). however my boyfriend got me the start to my pc build- a pretty badass looking Rosewill tempered glass case with fans preinstalled. That thang is 23 lbs though- definitely not the easiest thing to lug around. but it's the one I wanted and the one I got.
I also got The Wolf Among Us and am mad at myself for not playing it earlier.

Game Engine Black Book: Doom

Game Engine Black Book: Wolf3D

The Rust Programming Language

Pacman tiny arcade machine (planning to have fun modding this)

Two boxes of mince pies

Pack of playing cards with the design from Windows 3.0 (ie. a literal pack of Windows Solitaire cards)

Bar of soap

A modified Gotek floppy drive emulator with firmware for using it with an Amiga.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:51 PM, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

- PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed

I spent a lot of time on Christmas slogging through Unleashed.  Thankfully Colors was nowhere near as awful.

That's because you bought literally the worst version. You're supposed to grab the PS3/360 version.

Jabra Elite 65t headphones

Nice flannel bedsheets (best gift honestly)

Cooking thermometer with portable monitor

Power tools (reciprocating saw and leaf blower, both the Black & Decker 20V system)

Booze

Cash

Sundries

I forgot to mention the one actual cool thing I got, a portable smartphone projector and Bluetooth speaker.  It's pretty nice to watch Netflix on a screen bigger than my 46" TV, lol.

I got a Fruits Basket Blu-ray, and the CS Lewis book The Screwtape Letters, plus some Rifftrax DVDs.