Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimeAngler

My First map named Projecy

So this is my first map...

its really short. You're not going to find anything interesting.

Screenshot

Spoiler

projecy.png.08a3a1f8c4dfcba1c3becb00136bb3d7.png

I used GZDoom the newest release (3.6.0)- Vanilla

freelook, jumping and crouching is fair -  the Iwad is doom II.

its single level - located in MAP01 - There is no dificulty differences.

Feel Free to give out you're opinions on the map.

DOWNLOAD:

projecy.zip

Not bad, a good start for a new mapper. One piece of advice I can give you is to never put lost souls and pain elementals in impassible cages, since it completely inhibits their ability to attack the player.

thanks, ill consider my enemy placements more thoroughly

and i will try to make my levels more longer since i felt it was too short 

in comparison to other maps.

This map was actually enjoyable and had some fun encounters and ideas. Obviously if theres one major thing that needs to improve its the texturing and aesthetics of the map. Small wall details and varying floor heights can make the world of difference in your maps. Keep at it, you seem like you have great potential.

And a shorter map like this is fine for a level IMO, don't bite of more than you can chew like I did when I first started mapping. Perfecting a basic tech map like this will vastly improve your knowledge, skills and ideas

EDIT: I hope this isn't against any rules or you aren't annoyed but I had some free-time and decided to edit the starting area of your map a little bit just to show you what I meant. It's not perfect but I think its an alright example. Let me know if you want me to delete this link incase you feel like I'm stepping on your toes a bit, that's perfectly fine!

Download - https://www.mediafire.com/file/spr68w66ngo15nl/projecy+re-design.rar

Edited by Bushpig2dope

12 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

This map was actually enjoyable and had some fun encounters and ideas. Obviously if theres one major thing that needs to improve its the texturing and aesthetics of the map. Small wall details and varying floor heights can make the world of difference in your maps. Keep at it, you seem like you have great potential.

And a shorter map like this is fine for a level IMO, don't bite of more than you can chew like I did when I first started mapping. Perfecting a basic tech map like this will vastly improve your knowledge, skills and ideas

EDIT: I hope this isn't against any rules or you aren't annoyed but I had some free-time and decided to edit the starting area of your map a little bit just to show you what I meant. It's not perfect but I think its an alright example. Let me know if you want me to delete this link incase you feel like I'm stepping on your toes a bit, that's perfectly fine!

Download - https://www.mediafire.com/file/spr68w66ngo15nl/projecy+re-design.rar

Im glad you enjoyed the map so much, ill try to pay more attention  to the textures to make sure they are aligned.     and i loved the changes you made.

It made the level more visually pleasant              I dont mind, Then again i am doing this to see what i can improve.