Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdarkmasterx

death design 13 second speedmap

was it really 13 seconds? it looks more like 30 judging by the screenie. I am skeptical

This map is an insult to speed maps and SLIGE/OBLIGE, start making real maps. Don't give me the BUT shit, just do it, for your own conscience, reputation and to stop wasting everyone's time. Thank you for your attention.

47 minutes ago, Alter said:

This map is an insult to speed maps and SLIGE/OBLIGE, start making real maps. Don't give me the BUT shit, just do it, for your own conscience, reputation and to stop wasting everyone's time. Thank you for your attention.

his other maps are perfectly fine, get off the soapbox

1 hour ago, Alter said:

He's been making real maps. Check his post history and you'll find them.

1 hour ago, Marcaek said:

his other maps are perfectly fine, get off the soapbox

Looking back on his other maps, maybe you are right, I do apologize for the tone, just damn man, I want to see darkmaster put out some great maps in the future.

55 minutes ago, pc234 said:

He's been making real maps. Check his post history and you'll find them.

The thing is, interspersed with those good maps are maps like this one, many of which are posted with comments like:

"i don't care if you play this"

"don't ask any questions just play it"

and so on.

There has been some speculation that more than one person is submitting maps from the darkmasterx account, which would explain the disparate quality of maps.

Also, this map and his 4-minute speedmap might be the only 2 that don't have at least one cyberdemon in them.

The bottom line is that @xdarkmasterx can make good maps that are hard with good encounters and, I think, decent visuals. But there are sometimes maps like this one, that aren't very good. I've said before that he should just stick to the good maps instead of releasing maps like this. If he just focused on the good maps (which he still churns out fairly quickly), he could put together a megawad that would be decently received.