Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EarthQuake

GZDB Texture Configuration

Question

This is mostly a concern of convenience. The question is simple: can I remove Doom 2's TEXTURE1 entry from the texture browser in GZDB? I have my own TEXTURE1 lump and don't want to mistakenly use a default Doom 2 texture (because it defaults to "All" when I open it). I can sort of solve this issue by removing doom2.wad as a resource, but this raises a ton of errors in GZDB and messes up my sprite images in Things mode.

I have my own texturesets defined, which helps a bit, but it keeps defaulting to show all textures, including the stock Doom 2 TEXTURE1.

I expect the answer to be "no", but I'm asking just in case there's some game configuration option I'm unaware of.

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the suggestion, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I tried every combination of adding doom2.wad as a resource, even loading my wad itself as a resource with the hopes that it would override the default TEXTURE1, but nothing seemed to work.

I did manage to solve my problem though, and it turns out it was really simple:

I took doom2.wad and removed all the textures/flats and its TEXTURE1/PNAMES lumps, and saved it as it's own "iwad". I'm using that wad now instead of doom2.wad, and it works perfectly. Only my textures are showing now. It was a small nuance to resolve, but it should boost productivity a bit.

I don't think you can, but that would be a good feature suggestion for GZDBBF. Ignore texture definitions on a per resource basis.

The easiest solution would be to load the texture resources as separate file(s).

Then you can select which set of textures to use:

7aDioPP.png

And then add the used textures using Slade3.

Edited by Kappes Buur