Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duumgai

Elder Scrolls Like Wads

Does anyone happen to know if there is an Elder Scrolls like wad with medieval type textures, monsters, and weapons? I've been trying to find this out for a while because I've been wanting to create something similar to how the Elder Scrolls is played.

You're not going to get open-world action RPG gameplay in any Doom mod because Doom isn't geared for open-world action RPG gameplay. Strife is probably the closest you can get, though it's not really medieval.

It's very doable in theory if you pushed GZDoom to its limits, it would take a ton of work though. Just don't expect there to be one gigantic map, expect it to be split up into a bunch of maps in a hub like a way larger-scale Strife. But that style of gameplay should be possible in ZScript and ACS.

Obviously such a project hasn't been done yet.

Nash is working on something that is kinda elderscrolly, though with a modern setting, so more of a (Bethesdan) Fallout I guess.

Of course, something that would be "like an Elder Scrolls game is played" would mean that, IMO:

• There is a main quest, but you completely ignore it and instead do whatever random exploring you feel like, taking on random sidequests as you go.
  • Your only real objective is getting enough money for buying a house so you can store your loot.
  • Gameplay is 25% combat, 25% exploration, 25% making potions for fun and profit, and 25% dressing up your character with whatever looted armor and clothing looks the coolest.
  • There are several thousand mods waiting for you on the Nexus, and 90% of them are anime followers with huge tits.