Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BilboHicks

Scoredoom 3.0r5 archive

Hi, 

Scoredoom.com is no longer, so there is no more online hi score server. Source code to run your own hi score server is here: https://github.com/ddraigcymraeg

Scoredoom (gzscoredoom.exe) still works with local hi scores, which is the mode that I recommend using (to get rid of the purple text on the HUD). 

Final release is Scoredoom 3.0r5 

Earlier in the year I fixed a DECORATE bug in the add-on/bonus pack(s) that can cause a fatal crash which is evident in wads like Scythe 2, as well as updating the bonus pack with some new enemies, and included some extra stuff as well.  

You can download it here: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/scoredoom/downloads

I have a quickstart guide included, as well as the old faq and add-on pack guide.  

The quickstart guide should help with setting it up, and how to deal with newer wads with the newer MAPINFO format (the 'workaround' is to delete the MAPINFO lump via Slumped). Scoredoom is built on a 10 year old version of gzdoom (wow, has it been that long!), but despite the MAPINFO workaround, will work fine with all WADs (and newer systems), except with newer zdoom/gzdoom specific ones with newer DECORATE etc... 

You can also grab the final release of ScoredoomST here as well: https://www.moddb.com/mods/scoredoom/downloads

Built on the original Skulltag 0.97c2 source code release. It runs well for normal wads, but becomes very unstable for wads like Hell Revealed, especially with the add on pack. You can use it with the old GPL Skulltag Master Server http://gstmaster.sourceforge.net/ created by Ghostlydeath. 

If you want to play competitive co-op with Scoredoom with friends, I would recommend using gzscoredoom instead in all honesty, if you can coordinate together and have LAN/fast internet. 

archived site with old hi score tables:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170111201422/http://scoredoom.com/

Edited by BilboHicks

With ZScript you could probably recreate ScoreDoom as a mod now rather than a separate source port. Except of course for stuff like accessing a high-score server or saving high scores to anything except a set of custom CVARs (with no guarantee the player won't tamper with them).

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

With ZScript you could probably recreate ScoreDoom as a mod now rather than a separate source port. Except of course for stuff like accessing a high-score server or saving high scores to anything except a set of custom CVARs (with no guarantee the player won't tamper with them).

Yes I would do most of it in zscript if I were to do it today, if not all, if possible. 

There were a couple of guys about a year ago trying to reproduce the mod with ZScript, not sure where they got off. They seemed to run into a snag iirc, with archvile resurrected enemies, and lost souls emitted from pain elementals which do not count as kill in scoredoom (to stop infinite scores), as well as custom monsters doing similar things. Saying that, it would seem to me that zscript along with decorate changes should be able to fix that. There are some other nuances, like in co-op, infighting bonuses are weighted and shared according to the highest points scorer for the level, again, do not know enough about zscript to determine if that would be possible. 

Presumably zscript can create/add custom cvars, so the add-on pack configuration settings would be possible. 

I realize this is necroing a year old thread, but I figured this would be the most relevant place.

I made a UV pistol start playthrough of Sigil 1.21 in Scoredoom to show off how the systems come together in a typical Doom setting. I did it as a kind of record for history and a tribute to a source port that I really enjoy a lot and feel deserves more recognition than I think it got. There's no voice commentary, but each video has a description of how I looked at it through scoring potential. I also showed the bonus pack and boss rush in an addendum video. (each video also has a silly retro midi soundfont)

Here's the playlist, for anyone interested in watching. Thanks again for all of this, Bilbo.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, TheJBizz said:

I realize this is necroing a year old thread, but I figured this would be the most relevant place.

I made a UV pistol start playthrough of Sigil 1.21 in Scoredoom to show off how the systems come together in a typical Doom setting. I did it as a kind of record for history and a tribute to a source port that I really enjoy a lot and feel deserves more recognition than I think it got. There's no voice commentary, but each video has a description of how I looked at it through scoring potential. I also showed the bonus pack and boss rush in an addendum video. (each video also has a silly retro midi soundfont)

Here's the playlist, for anyone interested in watching. Thanks again for all of this, Bilbo.

Thanks man, I just saw the boss rush video, you are a good player! Will check out the SIGIL videos too. 

I have been getting back into Doom again using Universal Split Screen and other tools to play split screen on 1 computer, since xinput support in modern ports like gzdoom and zandronum make these games much more playable with gamepads imo. I just uploaded a version of the addon and bonus packs for gzdoom and zandronum (scoredoomst packs) that are usable in gzdoom and zandronum. Its just a monster replacer/randomizer to use all the enemies from the add on and bonus packs. Thread here: 

I included your boss rush video as well, thanks again. I can see how the boss rush chains would be interesting with OTT weapon mods as well. 

Edited by BilboHicks