Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

100 Minutes of /vr/ - Half the time, half the maps!

wMoXbRD.png

/vr/ held another speedmapping challenge. Rather than extending the amount of time allotted, like in 300 Minutes of /vr/,  we halved it from our first attempt: 100 minutes to make a playable and hopefully fun map. We had a lot of attempts and, understandably, fewer submissions. 13 maps total, and a credits non-map to cap it off.

These maps put the FUN in functional!

DE5Pdl1.png
Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2aesb7lr69s0472/100minvr.zip/file

Good job guys, it was a rather fine set of 1 hour and a half speedmaps with some nice idea here and there. I liked the invisible floors of MAP07. Didn't enjoy so much MAP01 and MAP11, but there's nothing terrible in the wad and every map had sense. MAP08 and MAP10 were my favourites.

300 mins of /vr/ was is one of the best community pick-n-mix megawads I've played (map02 is a must for anybody) and one of the most grossly underrated megawads in the community, so I'm looking forward to this!

Yeah I completely agree, 300 mins of /vr/ was great! If this is anything like that, I have no doubt this will be worth playing, thanks Revae:)

I'll definitely check this out since I enjoyed quite a few maps in 300. BTW, I'm waiting for 201~299 to be released. Is there a chance I see these before I die? ;P

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

BTW, I'm waiting for 201~299 to be released. Is there a chance I see these before I die? ;P

We've had a few discussions about other mapping challenges. Never landed on anything solid... We'll see. Getting anonymous users to work together is tricky.

A had an idea about a year ago for a web-app where people can upload their maps into a shared WAD that anybody can then download. It would automate a lot of the annoying updating and distribution of WADs-in-progress that seems to be a major chocking point of every community project I've watched develop.

Played yesterday until the start of MAP09, best maps so far are Revae maps and MAP07. MAP01 is a interesting concept but lacks in the execution. I mean, is pretty tedious walking around while pressing random walls for triggering the lowering floor action....

On 12/31/2018 at 2:45 AM, Kroc said:

A had an idea about a year ago for a web-app where people can upload their maps into a shared WAD that anybody can then download. It would automate a lot of the annoying updating and distribution of WADs-in-progress that seems to be a major chocking point of every community project I've watched develop.

That's a pretty great idea really. Would be hard to keep people from shitting it up with terry style submissions.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:29 AM, Walter confetti said:

MAP01 is a interesting concept but lacks in the execution. I mean, is pretty tedious walking around while pressing random walls for triggering the lowering floor action....

Hehe yeah Map 01 is great practice for going toe to toe with demons, big and small, but I liked it.