Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

will DUSK receive a 32-Bit version?

i cant afford a new computer, and i have an x86 based processor, so i'm hoping that Dusk will get a 32 bit version so that i can play it. is this a possibility?

I don't trink so, they updated they engine to unity 2018 and that only works on 64 bits, older versions worked on 32 but with launch of ep 3 they updated, so i updated my PC too.

If it can't support x64 at all, that would be a very, very old computer indeed. As in, well over 15 years old, or you're running on some kind of Atom CPU or a CPU meant for a netbook.

Their last mainstream model that didn't have any sort of 64-bit capability was certain models of the Pentium 4; specifically, the 2.8 GHz model released in November 2002.

Every desktop Intel CPU since has had 64-bit capability.

Try running CPU-Z and see what it says about your system. At the very least it will give you a model, and we can go from there.

I don't think moving on to a x64 OS on an ancient machine will help much, as far as I'm aware x64 systems also require slightly beefier machines than the x86 versions do.

but i read that Dusk could be run on lower spec machines due to its settings. i know this for a FACT because i have serious sam on my computer and i only experienced MINIMAL slowdown on my laptop because of the settings in the game.

There is a low-spec setting, but the base engine, Unity 8, only runs on 64bit systems. Prior to a recent update, a few months ago. Maybe it was the October update, it was running on an older Unity version which supported x86. There was a support thread on Steam that I saw a few weeks ago where the developer was looking into options for 32 bit compatibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The base engine doesn't support 32bit.

So yes, there is a "low-spec" option for slower computers, but those computers still have to have 64 bit processors. The Serious Engine has nothing to do with Dusk or Unity, you can't compare the two.

U can use CPU-Z, and if you pc can handle 64x u can try a older windows 7 64 bits for more performace, or wait to the linux port and use a ligth diestro to play.

I remember that back 2017 when it was only episode 1 it still had x86 support and I know that you can play both the "pre pre pre" alpha version and e3 2016 versions on 32bit computers.