• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brock

MY FIRST WAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlbd4vw80etqnzh/MY WAD.rar?dl=0  

MY first Wad , Have fun playing it!

CUSTOM TEXTURE IS USED

Big Thanks to -LazyGamer,JoeyTD,Cage,Foxt666,NeuralStunner and Arvydas Brazdeikis

LazyGamer- Giving me advice on how to make WADS (check out his tutorials)

Other People- For their useful and great texture

Music-Kvee Check out his Website he makes great music

Title Screen- Diabolus Ex Check out the Wad , it's  very fun to play

The Wad is for GZDOOM UDMF FORMAT MAP02

Since there is only normal monsters it may work with Brutal Or Smooth

THE WAD IS FOR DOOM 2

Texture and props are from REALM667 Besides the Diabolus Ex Texture

I am new to this , so sorry if i haven't credit people the right way 

ATTENTION THE WAD IS TO BE PLAYED ONLY ON ULTRA-VIOLENCE

Please have the dynamic light option on

TIP: DO NOT RUSH from room to room , if you do that you may find out that your ass can be used for many things.

Tell me  how can i improve , i will do my best ! 

JUMPING ,FREELOOK AND CROUCHING IS ALLOWED , USE THEM TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

Also sorry forgot to say that it is only 1 map. I think i saw a guy say that new mappers should focus on short and simple levels , so i slowed down a bit and desided not to make a MEGAWAD.

Screenshot_Doom_20181225_175028.png.ee4b053978a1cfcba45fb04464c69f0b.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181225_175034.png.07a5137e1c6b1a149e577fc312919855.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181225_175034.png.6d4c84d6251ae486a1d3adde1288d5d4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181225_175003.png.3944838f5bd7d7e007563340d2e4626f.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181225_175051.png.053512e7c3361a2b29e332ae89e8c5cb.png

Edited by Finnthemapmaker

Hey, I played your map. I didn't beat it, but I played it. The map looks pretty cool for a first map, you used a lot of gzdoom features, which isn't my cup of tea, but that's fine. My biggest problem with this map is that there is a ridiculous amount of invisible enemies. I was killed so many times by shotgunners or chaingunners that I couldn't see. I just couldn't finish the map because every death was from an enemy that is completely unfair. The only strategy that works in this situation is firing around randomly because there's no way to tell where these guys are until they fire at you. I eventually started resurrecting after every death but the frequency with which this happened made me weary to continue any further. I'd really like to beat the map, but in it's current state what with the invisible monsters and such, I can't do that without wanting to tear my hair out in frustration. 

Just now, Egg Boy said:

Hey, I played your map. I didn't beat it, but I played it. The map looks pretty cool for a first map, you used a lot of gzdoom features, which isn't my cup of tea, but that's fine. My biggest problem with this map is that there is a ridiculous amount of invisible enemies. I was killed so many times by shotgunners or chaingunners that I couldn't see. I just couldn't finish the map because every death was from an enemy that is completely unfair. The only strategy that works in this situation is firing around randomly because there's no way to tell where these guys are until they fire at you. I eventually started resurrecting after every death but the frequency with which this happened made me weary to continue any further. I'd really like to beat the map, but in it's current state what with the invisible monsters and such, I can't do that without wanting to tear my hair out in frustration. 

That's okay pall i understand , next time there won't be any of that unfair bullshit.

20 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Hey since you are probably the only one who played my wad , how would you like to playtest my Wads in the future  And tell me if there is a mistake i can fix. If you want to, that is.

2 hours ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Hey since you are probably the only one who played my wad , how would you like to playtest my Wads in the future  And tell me if there is a mistake i can fix. If you want to, that is.

sure. I can do that if you'd like me to. I can send you some of my stuff too :)

10 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

sure. I can do that if you'd like me to. I can send you some of my stuff too :)

Nice ! I would like to see your wads , are you also new to mapping ?

26 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Nice ! I would like to see your wads , are you also new to mapping ?

I've been making maps for a few years now, but considering the age of the community, I'm relatively new.

1 minute ago, Egg Boy said:

I've been making maps for a few years now, but considering the age of the community, I'm relatively new.

Oh what kind theme you use for most of your levels ? And what is the wad you are most proud from?

4 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Oh what kind theme you use for most of your levels ? And what is the wad you are most proud from?

I don't actually release most of the stuff I do, but here's a pack of 4 speedmaps I made, they're meant for PRBOOM+ but they should work for GZDOOM, crouching a jumping are not allowed btw

4 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

I don't actually release most of the stuff I do, but here's a pack of 4 speedmaps I made, they're meant for PRBOOM+ but they should work for GZDOOM, crouching a jumping are not allowed btw

Okay that looks cool ! I am going to check it out.