Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grandgreed

Hexen Neural Texture Pack

Recommended Posts

On 3/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, grandgreed said:

dpkonofa, Malice, please do not argue and do not quarrel with each other.

 

My apologies. I just felt like he was being demanding and was asking for things outside the scope of what you had already stated was the intent of this project. If I'm off-base on that, I apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/3/2019 at 10:45 PM, grandgreed said:

There are the same textures (execpt main title) in both packs. If there was a way to use hardlink for resources from the main part of the game, then would not have to divide the package into two variants. Otherwise, the size of the package will grow in two and will take about 480 Mb (double size due to duplicates).

 

 

1) download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DNumU5t_YdynQRfZgpZNtSCDK8dSr6fd

(this is version of your pack, modified by me, which take 242 MB and works both in original and deathkings)

2) unpack

3) check file size of _TESTMOD\hexen_both.pk3

4) run _TESTMOD__ORIGINAL.BAT and check that it works

5) run _TESTMOD_DEATHKINGS.BAT and check that it works

6) analyze structure of _TESTMOD\hexen_both.pk3 and make changes to your own mod

7) thank you in advance

 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:45 PM, grandgreed said:

 

 

And one more thing - your screenshots. You are using other mod.

 

Without mods - same problem:

 

https://i.ibb.co/QfjjcZM/Screenshot-Hexen-20190305-135910.png

 

https://i.ibb.co/PQ5HWMR/Screenshot-Hexen-20190305-135931.png

 

Here is a link to my total package with your mod, my config (ini file), latest gzdoom and bat files for checking (those bat files will load my config and your mod):

 

1) download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DNumU5t_YdynQRfZgpZNtSCDK8dSr6fd

2) unpack

3) run _TESTMOD__ORIGINAL.BAT

4) Start any map

5) Type "summon heresiarch" in console

6) Type "kill monsters" in console

7) Analyze heresiarch's corpse, it will behave as in screenshots above

 

8) close gzdoom

9) delete _TESTMOD\hexen_both.pk3

10) run _TESTMOD__ORIGINAL.BAT (so it will load my config, but not load your mod)

11) Repeat steps 4-7 and see, that corpse behave correct (so, with my config, vanilla works correct, so the problem is in your mod, probably with sprite offsets and width/height)

 

 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:09 PM, stranger753roma said:

Hi man,

I was watching your screen and plese tell me what pk3 or mod have you used to have this amazing model of knight's first weapon.

 

Doomsday:

https://talk.dengine.net/discussion/1491/xarp-hexen-authentic-resource-pack-jxccp-maintained/p1

 

http://talk.dengine.net/discussion/1887/sapphire-wand-2-0-doomsday-2-hexen-models/p1

 

Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekgKPkloo3Q&list=PL5QwAqOy7WABpsDsuzSKwTk2S8QnzsLg5&index=58&disable_polymer=true&t=0s#t=0s

 

GZDoom: I'm a little bit busy now, so if you want my package exaxtly for GZDoom (which I made, based on links above, converting Doomsday ones to GZDoom), please tell me in PM

 

Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW_4UxYaazw&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&index=3&disable_polymer=true&t=0h09m46s#t=0h09m46s (watch at 0:09:46)

 

So let's continue in PM about this

Edited by theleo_ua

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, theleo_ua said:

(this is version of your pack, modified by me, which take 242 MB and works both in original and deathkings)

Thanks mate for your work. Tested your solution and it works. I will make new release using it. Big thanks.

 

52 minutes ago, theleo_ua said:

(so, with my config, vanilla works correct, so the problem is in your mod, probably with sprite offsets and width/height)

All sprites have original aspect ratio. It's a GZ bug. After removing the modified sprites, the shift still remains.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, grandgreed said:

Thanks mate for your work. Tested your solution and it works. I will make new release using it. Big thanks.

 

 

Ur welcome! Glad to see it works

 

For doomsday, it can be done in next way: take your current package for original, and put Deathkings titlepic to Patches\Hexen-dk folder. This way it should work in doomsday as a single 242 MB package

 

If you will have problems with Doomsday, please tell me, I will create example package for you and test it in my Doomsday before uploading

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, grandgreed said:

 

 

All sprites have original aspect ratio. It's a GZ bug. After removing the modified sprites, the shift still remains.

 

Ohh, I forgot about this: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63667

 

So, let's wait for next version of GZDoom to test

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, theleo_ua said:

This way it should work in doomsday

Tested and it works. Big thanks for your tips. Now GZ and Dengine have single packages. Will upload new ver soon.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, grandgreed said:

Tested and it works. Big thanks for your tips. Now GZ and Dengine have single packages. Will upload new ver soon.

 

Great!

 

For heretic it should be next (same logic as with Hexen):

 

Doomsday: Patches/heretic-ext for heretic shadow

 

GZDoom:

 

heretic

heretic.heretic

heretic.shadow

 

I'm not sure about GZDoom ones, but I will test them if needed. If it doesn't work, I'll contact GZDoom dev team

Share this post


Link to post

I hope someone could do it for Heretic too, even if there is a bit less textures than in Hexen (if i remember) and it's less atmospheric, there is a lot of good and nice stuff who could look like really nice with this "mod", i could imagine the undead warrior or malotaur remade! and there is a lot of fan expansions who are vanilla!
back to the topic, sorry..
Again, this mod could work with fan expansions for Hexen, right?

Edited by Manhs

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Manhs said:

 malotaur remade!

 


Maulotaur exists in current Hexen pack. I just renamed some sprites (based on this https://zdoom.org/wiki/Sprite#Heretic.wad info), moved it from "filter/hexen-blablabla" subfolder to respective subfolder and it works for heretic

 

 

25 minutes ago, Manhs said:

Again, this mod could work with fan expansions for Hexen, right?

 

 

There is a fanmade wad for heretic called "Masters of Chaos", which use both heretic and hexen monsters: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Masters_of_Chaos

 

I modified current pack (so playing Heretic it will not ignore Hexen's HiRes content) and tried it with heretic, and here is how it look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh9yDBDAPm8&list=PL5QwAqOy7WABpsDsuzSKwTk2S8QnzsLg5&index=2&disable_polymer=true&t=1h25m59s#t=1h25m59s (watch at 1:25:59)

 

So yes, it should work with custom mappacks and mods, but as I understand, in most cases (or at least, in some cases) you will be forced to modify this pack

Share this post


Link to post

Awesome ^^ Yeah, version 1!
Thank you very much, gonna try it very soon, will be good to play again Hexen with it.
I will share the link of the topic in some classic fps groups/discord i know. :)
 

Edited by Manhs

Share this post


Link to post

Without widescreen patch:

Screenshot-Hexen-20190305-233637.png

 

With widescreen patch:

Screenshot-Hexen-20190305-235037.png

 

With widescreen patch but no high resolution HUD textures loaded:

Screenshot-Hexen-20190305-234829.png

 

 

 

Is there any way to fix this?

 

 

 

Edited by Malice

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Malice said:

Is there any way to fix this?

Overlaying surfaces is a conflict engine with a patch. I suppose that theleo_ua is needing here, perhaps he knows how to solve this. I see two solutions. 1. Rewrite the patch to make the normal stretching and correction of the overlay bug. The second. Contact the GZ team so that they solve this issue at the engine level.

Share this post


Link to post

I started to play it, amazing work! Fun to see the animations of the enemies with this style!

I tested with some expansions like Nadir.wad or Shadow of Cronos, it works but even if some  new added textures will stay like the original, what about adds like new items/weapons/enemies, can it work without crashing?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Manhs said:

 what about adds like new items/weapons/enemies, can it work without crashing?

I don't understand a bit what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, i mean, if i use the Neural Texture pack with fan expansions who use new stuff like custom textures, can the game crash or bug?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Manhs said:

Sorry, i mean, if i use the Neural Texture pack with fan expansions who use new stuff like custom textures, can the game crash or bug?

 

It shouldn't crash as long as you load the custom wad *after* loading this pak. This file is essentially just replacing textures and most engines load in a first-in, first-out basis. If you load this pak after loading a custom one, it'll just override anything in the custom one. That being said, any wads or paks with custom textures will not be upscaled so you may get a weird looking mix of high-res, sharp textures with low-res original textures. There's no way for this pak to fix that, though, as every texture that's been updated has been processed individually. Unless someone does the same for a custom wad/pak, there will be a mismatch.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, another question, i think i modified my gzdoom configuration for the render and the sky is not normal, what should i use as render mode and other important options?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Manhs said:

Sorry, another question, i think i modified my gzdoom configuration for the render and the sky is not normal, what should i use as render mode and other important options?

Unless you have an old potato or you are going for as close to vanilla as possible but still running an OS later then DOS/Windows 98 (in which case you wouldn't be running this pack) you should be using OpenGL to render since it's hardware accelerated on modern machines.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/6/2019 at 9:32 AM, grandgreed said:

Overlaying surfaces is a conflict engine with a patch. I suppose that theleo_ua is needing here, perhaps he knows how to solve this. I see two solutions. 1. Rewrite the patch to make the normal stretching and correction of the overlay bug. The second. Contact the GZ team so that they solve this issue at the engine level.

That's unfortunate.

 

Hopefully @theleo_ua has a solution.

Share this post


Link to post

Some Heretic ?

Spoiler

heretic-neuro-textures-1.jpg.833627f46f512e1257b6098e3a338cb8.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-2.jpg.3de96cdb4d5e72ea2792a32459620a0b.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-3.jpg.252d28a1dd08c3f477391684601fdbc5.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-4.jpg.3fd71fb2d72621029eac68542ad1cbd9.jpg

Spoiler

heretic-neuro-textures-6.jpg.efd78897a3f4f0222004eba49137cda9.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-7.jpg.503c38637ad670177082f88e282e7709.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-8.jpg.f41ecfd8bf2f5aafba71895dfd8af54a.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-9.jpg.8f91e415d5bcda9d9d1a5d366e7f16c5.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-10.jpg.c8975c9456f93908f2494631b7e6734d.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-11.jpg.212cdde1c6046481137b4b5d9b47be5f.jpg

heretic-neuro-textures-12.jpg.f5e2a0f2087aa2806a95aaeb42ac5253.jpg

Just only testing. There are too many tiny and simple not detailed sprites, it’s harder to work with.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Malice> It was just because i tested stuff but i didn't remember the options who was setup at the start... but yeah, i used the render mode=accelerated option, it was this one.

grandgreed> Nice! So Heretic could be next? :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Manhs said:

So Heretic could be next?

Exactly. Almost all of Textures and Flats are done. Main decorations also processed.

Edited by grandgreed

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, grandgreed said:

Exactly. Almost all of Textures and Flats are done. Main decorations also processed.


Neural Texture with the fast paced fps Heretic, i'm already hyped!

I'm at hub 3 "Heresiarch Seminary" in Hexen with Neural Texture mod and it's amazing, can play it at big or full screen without to have the problem of the feeling of "big pixel" on the face ^^ just me
(Yeah, when i played Hexen wads, i use a lower size for the Windows, not full screen)

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Manhs said:

Neural Texture with the fast paced fps Heretic, i'm already hyped!

I'm at hub 3 "Heresiarch Seminary" in Hexen with Neural Texture mod and it's amazing, can play it at big or full screen without to have the problem of the feeling of "big pixel" on the face ^^ just me
(Yeah, when i played Hexen wads, i use a lower size for the Windows, not full screen)

Thanks for feedback.
I do not have much time for all this work, but I hope to create a topic on a Heretic soon.

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/6/2019 at 6:32 PM, grandgreed said:

Overlaying surfaces is a conflict engine with a patch. I suppose that theleo_ua is needing here, perhaps he knows how to solve this. I see two solutions. 1. Rewrite the patch to make the normal stretching and correction of the overlay bug. The second. Contact the GZ team so that they solve this issue at the engine level.

 

 

For now, I don't know easy solution. Hard solutions are next:

 

1) Redraw (patch) original sprites (in photoshop) to widescreen versions and then apply neural filter to patched sprites

2) Modify sprite offsets

3) Modify decorate code https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:FWeapFist (to change Xoffsets)

 

For example, in my mod with 3D model of fighter's weapon1, designed for 4:3 (because I playing in 4:3 screen), when I faced problem "some streamers want to stream with my mod in fullHD widescreen resolution", I just created separate widescreen version of the mod, and changed Xoffsets of the fist, so they looks like next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqDE0tknpXA&t=4m27s#t=4m27s

(watch from 4:27 to 4:30)

 

Of course, it is possible for any of you to ask GZDoom devs to create easy sulition in GZDoom code, but I don't think they will want to spend time on this

 

Share this post


Link to post

A guy in the Blood discord community tried to make a upscale version of the Serpent, what do you think about the horns, he said it could be better? Does it need to be more accurate like that? They compared with the pics of the first post.


His version

 

ZqA0vpA.png

 


Here is your version of Serpent (but i feel like it's not really different comparing with the last version?)

Version in the first post of the topic:

hexen_textures_hd_22.jpg



Version in the v1 of the mod:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

khnYreh.png

 


I suppose the pics of the stuff in the first post are the first versions of enemies and textures? The version in game looks pretty neat for me.
Just in case to not be wrong if i share some pics!

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, theleo_ua said:

 

 

For now, I don't know easy solution. Hard solutions are next:

 

1) Redraw (patch) original sprites (in photoshop) to widescreen versions and then apply neural filter to patched sprites

2) Modify sprite offsets

3) Modify decorate code https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:FWeapFist (to change Xoffsets)

 

For example, in my mod with 3D model of fighter's weapon1, designed for 4:3 (because I playing in 4:3 screen), when I faced problem "some streamers want to stream with my mod in fullHD widescreen resolution", I just created separate widescreen version of the mod, and changed Xoffsets of the fist, so they looks like next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqDE0tknpXA&t=4m27s#t=4m27s

(watch from 4:27 to 4:30)

 

Of course, it is possible for any of you to ask GZDoom devs to create easy sulition in GZDoom code, but I don't think they will want to spend time on this

 

Thanks for the reply.

 

I have submitted a request on the GZDoom forum since the guy behind the patch does not appear to be active

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, theleo_ua said:

 

 

For now, I don't know easy solution. Hard solutions are next:

 

1) Redraw (patch) original sprites (in photoshop) to widescreen versions and then apply neural filter to patched sprites

2) Modify sprite offsets

3) Modify decorate code https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:FWeapFist (to change Xoffsets)

 

For example, in my mod with 3D model of fighter's weapon1, designed for 4:3 (because I playing in 4:3 screen), when I faced problem "some streamers want to stream with my mod in fullHD widescreen resolution", I just created separate widescreen version of the mod, and changed Xoffsets of the fist, so they looks like next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqDE0tknpXA&t=4m27s#t=4m27s

(watch from 4:27 to 4:30)

 

Of course, it is possible for any of you to ask GZDoom devs to create easy sulition in GZDoom code, but I don't think they will want to spend time on this

 

 

GZDoom dev's said this was a mod conflict issue and nothing to do with the source port code:

 

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63949&p=1095108&hilit=hexen+mod+support#p1095108

Edited by Malice

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×