Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
INITIATE-7

Hello, I Need Great Help.

I am in need of assistance for a few things. 

I need to know how to create custom weapons, sounds, AND reload anims for them.

Footsteps depending on what the player is standing on. (it's mostly just rock and dirt.)

Not to mention that Slade seems to ignore half of the textures I import, hell Slade's recent update has broken to where I can't see any 

icons to tell what I'm doing.

But most importantly, I need to know on how to make custom enemy sprites and script them to do different things like a Boomer from L4D or a Suicider from Dead Island.

I apologize if this is a long list, I've been in development hell with this project since late 2016, the majority of youtube tutorials and Doom World articles I can find are either outdated or the download links for certain files are dead. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Start with the ZDoom Wiki entries for DECORATE and ACS (and ZScript, too, if you want to exclude Zandronum), and look at other people's wads (and pk3s) to see how they did things. That is how I learned. If you still have questions, and you will, feel free to return and ask away. I and others will be happy to help you learn.

Give us a more detailed description of exactly how Slade is not working right, and maybe somebody more knowledgeable than me can help you with that. Slade is working fine for me. I was using it earlier today.

Further to Empyre's post,

let me link to one of the tuts on the ZDoom WIKI

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15465&p=310496#p310496

for an easy explanation of altering/creating a monsterwith DECORATE

For a more rigorous treatment of the subject visit Wildweasel's Gunlab

http://gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html

For footsteps have a look at TERRAIN

https://zdoom.org/wiki/TERRAIN 

For reload anims take a look at Russian Overkill.

They use it extensively.

13 hours ago, Empyre said:

Start with the ZDoom Wiki entries for DECORATE and ACS (and ZScript, too, if you want to exclude Zandronum), and look at other people's wads (and pk3s) to see how they did things. That is how I learned. If you still have questions, and you will, feel free to return and ask away. I and others will be happy to help you learn.

Give us a more detailed description of exactly how Slade is not working right, and maybe somebody more knowledgeable than me can help you with that. Slade is working fine for me. I was using it earlier today.

I opened the program a few days ago to import some textures and got notified to update it to the newest version, I did, now it's on v 3.1.4 and no icons are showing up.

I've tried redownloading older versions and the same problem is occuring.

image.PNG