Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apaul27

Lego Lord of the Rings and Lego The Hobbit are no longer available digitally

Lego Lord of the Rings and Lego The Hobbit are no longer available digitally, and they begin to dislisted everywhere. I didn't know it until I saw this post on PC Gamer. I have the link below.

Link: https://www.pcgamer.com/lego-lord-of-the-rings-and-the-hobbit-are-no-longer-on-steam/

If you are a fan of Lego and/or Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, then press "F" to respect.

This is sad to see this happen, I hope that the other lego games are safe.

Huh, that explains the charitable giveaway over at Humble Store a few days ago. Hitting that "F" key hard, Lego vidya are always unexpectedly fun despite being kiddy games.

To this day I've never played a LEGO game nor saw the movie(s). I guess I don't understand the appeal despite liking LEGOs themselves as a kid.

33 minutes ago, Nevander said:

To this day I've never played a LEGO game nor saw the movie(s). I guess I don't understand the appeal despite liking LEGOs themselves as a kid.

Same here. I still actually like LEGOs but I've never wanted to see any movies based on that.

I've only tried one of the newer Lego games which was Lego Pirates of the Caribbean because I was running out of pirate based games to play and I found it very boring, it also seems like all the new Lego games re-use the same gameplay mechanics as eachother with the only difference being the particular movie which they are based on.

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

it also seems like all the new Lego games re-use the same gameplay mechanics as eachother with the only difference being the particular movie which they are based on.

Telltale much?

If anything this shows how important physical media still is. They cant take your discs but once they take it from that virtual shelf it's gone. 

58 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

If anything this shows how important physical media still is. They cant take your discs but once they take it from that virtual shelf it's gone.

That, and even files that aren't chained to an online client/DRM when we do have to get things digitally are an improvement over ones that are.

I owned and have played through the Lego Star Wars original trilogy on the PS2. I wasn't very engaged by it on account of how overly easy it was. Shame, because it was very charming and had a lot of content. 

12 hours ago, Eurisko said:

I still have some games on my library despite them not being available in the store anymore, you get to keep it once it's linked to your account regardless of whether it's still available in store or not.

23 hours ago, ScreechingBoner said:

Huh, that explains the charitable giveaway over at Humble Store a few days ago. Hitting that "F" key hard, Lego vidya are always unexpectedly fun despite being kiddy games.

Nah they wanted people to visit their store for the winter sale. They usually give away games... especially Code Master games. It was quite a surprise though considering Lego games are rarely bundled with anything that would make them less than $4 - $5 per game to just give two away for free back to back.

As for the Lego games themselves, Lego Batman felt awesome... Lego Star Wars felt like a chore to get through.