• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rev3n4nt

Faithful Doom mod (last: July 2019)

RmDonRQ.png

Glitch report, you probably avare of these but just making sure:
Chainsaw can make bullet holes.

Plasma rifle is not shooting from its middle.

You cant create bullet holes on the grould if you shoot too close to your feet.

Chainsaw does some movement when fired that normal chainsaw doesn't do.

Rocket launcher is located a bit lower than the normal one.

Hey! Sorry, still can't get reporting on time.
I'm working on monsters appearance and fixing some issues.
Also I'm going to put together HD & normal version, so there will be no more jiggle around to run mod right-way. Also it will include Neural-Upscale2X weapon sprites v.0.95, as well as my own neural-upscaled sprites & few fixed ones.

Shotgun - I'll try to find better sounds for it.
Sparks can be putted in pair with tracers.

Holly sound was taken from Beautiful Doom mod, I just found it well fitting to Doom atmosphere. Alternative for it was quake 'secret' sound. Original IMHO is a bit off. There might be optional way to put sounds as vanilla & alternative - I'll check.

About shooting very top of the wall makes 2 holes on both surfaces - it's a 'bug' that goes with zdoom, and it came right from where it took it - Brutal Doom :) For now I don't know how to fix it.

Additional thing to be added soon: Punching wall sound & cracks on wall; Chainsaw marks on wall instead of bullet marks;

The things that are 'wrong' in vanilla Doom: Chainsaw can make bullet holes; Wall weapons are not centered & a bit crooked for 1-5 pixels to the side.
So - Plasma Rifle is not shooting from middle, Rockets are shooting from eyes, Rocket Launcher's muzzle-flash glitch, Super Shotgun muzzle-flash light.

Also about bugs: monsters - you probably noticed that shotgunners apper big on some frames, so I'm fixing it now. As well as other minor fixes with sizes & centering, that occur in vanilla doom as well.

Attaching gifs with Plasma Riffle & Rocket Launcher from various versions:

Plasma Riffle (Vanilla):

plasma2-doom2.gif.21bb3dc6b690b77fbee074332d3c1b87.gif

Plasma Riffle (Smooth Doom):

plasma2-smooth.gif.852e8688b3054632dc2842fa663024d3.gif

Plasma Riffle (Beautiful Doom):

plasma-beautiful.gif.557719cbabcd01aade8150ed371e44fe.gif

Plasma Riffle (Faithful Doom):

plasma-faithful.gif.a303adf57db813c64adbf712ba11daf3.gif

Rocket Launcher (Vanilla Doom):

rocket2-doom2.gif.9641783c6b7f850813897c7b40e3cc44.gif

Rocket Launcher (Smooth Doom):

rocket-smooth.gif.649abe44f8c86299d93bba86974c7b6b.gif

Rocket Launcher (Beautiful Doom):

rocket-beautiful.gif.00539a0060a51d57788deb78c5082ffb.gif

Rocket Launcher (Faithful Doom):

rocket-faithful.gif.701f0c2f60482a766d1b092d1a62a8f0.gif

Edited by Rev3n4nt : upload images gifs

Lovely! Im so glad that you are still on the project, its really not about how long it takes but well the final product is :p just look at bd, gets the full updates once a year but every version is better than the last one.

Funnily enough i actually didn't noticed shotgun man, i was mostly looking at the guns in an empty room :p

Glad you make a big list of what to do in the upcoming versions, one thing i should add, since we have this knuckle thingy on our hands hitting walls probably do metal sound instead of bone crushing.

Ah yeah also i said "Chainsaw does some movement when fired that normal chainsaw doesn't do." before thats probably about where you got the sprites from (assuming beautiful doom?) do you have plans on making that more like the original or are you going to leave as is?

On 8/15/2019 at 3:55 AM, xanrer said:

Lovely! Im so glad that you are still on the project, its really not about how long it takes but well the final product is :p just look at bd, gets the full updates once a year but every version is better than the last one.

Funnily enough i actually didn't noticed shotgun man, i was mostly looking at the guns in an empty room :p

Glad you make a big list of what to do in the upcoming versions, one thing i should add, since we have this knuckle thingy on our hands hitting walls probably do metal sound instead of bone crushing.

Ah yeah also i said "Chainsaw does some movement when fired that normal chainsaw doesn't do." before thats probably about where you got the sprites from (assuming beautiful doom?) do you have plans on making that more like the original or are you going to leave as is?

So yeah, I'll try to fix first frames for guns to make them centered.

For shotgun I'll probably add muzzle into weapons sprites.

For brass knuckles there is a sound hitting metal in Brutal Doom I think.

Chainsaw - I'll probably add 2 versions - the one that shakes will be in "enchanced", and one that is still in vanilla.

The hardest part now is monsters - some sprites are not looking well in upscaled version.