Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zzzornbringer

eduke32 mouse problems

since duke is sort of in that same era, i thought i'd ask here.

so, i use the eduke32 sourceport with the polymer renderer, framerate unlimited. works fine. but i think there's something odd with the mouse. i have vsync disabled but the mouse still feels sort of sluggish. i have tried mouse filtering on and off. i also have to change the x/y axis sensitivity separately to make it feel like in any other first person shooter i play. but i'm not sure if a 1.00 on the y axis and a 0.5 on the x axis is the default setting for shooters in general. a 1/1 ratio does not feel right. how is this set in other games? what's the ratio? 

so, how should i set this up to make it work like in any other first person game and what can i do to make the mouse feel less sluggish? in the gzdoom sourceport for example the mouse input feels perfectly fine. very responsive. crosshair moves where i want it to be.

Mouse behavior seems to differ from render to render in eduke32, moving it up and down is slower or faster depending on whether you're using Polymer or Polymost, but regarding your problem ("i also have to change the x/y axis sensitivity separately to make it feel like in any other first person shooter i play"), I don't think there's any way to get around it. Seems to be a limitation of the engine, and other official re-releases of DN3D such as Megaton also suffered from this.

You just have to mess with the sensivity until you find something satisfying.