Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enlightful

Doom Builder 2 BD weapons?

Hello, is there anyway to get brutal doom weapons to show up in the things mode in Doom Builder 2? I am using Brutal Doom v21 RC4

You could add it as a resource for your map configuration under the IWAD, but since BD is just replacement, it makes more sense to add it to your INI for your engine executable to autoload instead.

You'll likely get errors if you try I've never looked at the BD code but there's probably a whole bunch of DECORATES give them unique ID's and see where that takes you.

P.S. I'm not that good at code so take my advice with a grain of salt.

30 minutes ago, Nevander said:

You could add it as a resource for your map configuration under the IWAD, but since BD is just replacement, it makes more sense to add it to your INI for your engine executable to autoload instead.

Whenever I add it as a resource it gives the following error. Unable to load resources from location "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\bd21RC4.pk3". Please make sure the location is accessible and not in use by another program. The resources will now be loaded with this location excluded. You may reload the resources to try again.
IOException when creating data reader: Multiple files with the same filename in the same directory are not allowed. See: "SPRITES\PLAYER\RLAUN\MAR5E1.png"

Capture.PNG

21 minutes ago, Korikon said:

You'll likely get errors if you try I've never looked at the BD code but there's probably a whole bunch of DECORATES give them unique ID's and see where that takes you.

P.S. I'm not that good at code so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I can't open the map with brutal doom in the resources in first place, however that could probably solve the problem if I could load it as a resource.

18 hours ago, Enlightful said:

I can't open the map with brutal doom in the resources in first place, however that could probably solve the problem if I could load it as a resource.

I said you'll probably get errors if you try what I said I meant to edit the code in something like Slade3 or XWE (although I've only used Slade3) to make the ID's seperate from the original game so you MIGHT not get an error. It would probably take a long time.

37 minutes ago, Korikon said:

I said you'll probably get errors if you try what I said I meant to edit the code in something like Slade3 or XWE (although I've only used Slade3) to make the ID's seperate from the original game so you MIGHT not get an error. It would probably take a long time.

That sounds painful lmao

1 minute ago, Enlightful said:

That sounds painful lmao

Well if you wanna MOD a MOD it'll take you a while I just gotta tell you before you go and do it most wads other then ones that switch the original code will work with BD from my experience.