Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Akeldama - Now on Idgames!

36 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

^ Is it the same as the download link from the front page? I'd like to post the compiled E1 wad but I'd like to include your update before doing so.

Yeah, it should be, I uploaded a new version to my google drive link, and thats the one on the front page I believe

@AD_79 All right, here's the compiled Episode 1 wad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eklhx7defm33646/AK_E1.zip?dl=0

Hopefully it contains all the latest versions of the maps; I can always update it again if I need to, but for now I'll leave it as-is for those that want to play the maps in order.

[EDIT] Sorry, should have included the patch for MAP11. Updated.

Edited by valkiriforce

4 hours ago, AD_79 said:

Cool, thanks. So do all of these maps need new tracks?

Most of them do, especially MAP05. But the songs in MAP02 and MAP07 are fairly good. I think MAP01 and MAP06 are original songs.

Maybe I can compose some midi files for the project.

5 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

@AD_79 All right, here's the compiled Episode 1 wad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eklhx7defm33646/AK_E1.zip?dl=0

Hopefully it contains all the latest versions of the maps; I can always update it again if I need to, but for now I'll leave it as-is for those that want to play the maps in order.

[EDIT] Sorry, should have included the patch for MAP11. Updated.

Have you compiled a .mapinfo so all the names match?

18 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Most of them do, especially MAP05. But the songs in MAP02 and MAP07 are fairly good. I think MAP01 and MAP06 are original songs.

MAP01's is from the Plutonia MIDI Pack. I don't know the original source, but according to the metadata 06's track is not original either. So yeah, to me it seems like an entirely new set of tracks should be created.

36 minutes ago, AD_79 said:

MAP01's is from the Plutonia MIDI Pack. I don't know the original source, but according to the metadata 06's track is not original either. So yeah, to me it seems like an entirely new set of tracks should be created.

Mark Klem's Slipper in MAP07 has always been a favorite of mine. But yeah we need to find some musicians. As I said, I could compose some midis over the next few months but my style may not be with everyone's taste.

Generally I have always been a fan of your music, so i’d Love a track for MAP05 @pcorf

13 hours ago, AD_79 said:

Cool, thanks. So do all of these maps need new tracks?

Pretty much yes, with exception for MAP29 since pcorf provided a MIDI for his map. The ones currently included are all pretty much placeholder tracks to give an idea of what atmosphere the mapper was going for. MAP09 however didn't come with a track so I guess that's open for interpretation. I've updated to include the track list in the first post so everyone can see what's been claimed.

8 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Have you compiled a .mapinfo so all the names match?

Not yet; I was going to wait until we have a clear idea of what maps will be included specifically in later episodes which are not yet completed.

22 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Ok following your advice using comp-level 2 (Doom 1.9 Compatability) I managed to get the map to work without bugs. By the way.. it's still a good map with this oversight, I loved playing it.

Thanks, glad to hear it! :)

17 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

Generally I have always been a fan of your music, so i’d Love a track for MAP05 @pcorf

I'll try and compose something fast and dramatic later on and private message you the midi when complete.

A new version of my MAP29. Hopefully this is the final version.

* Linedefs 2450 and 1838 made impassable in front of the red switches in the red area just before the final room.

* Music fixed. From the 81st to 96th bar the hihat was missing as I forgot to paste it in because I composed this section of the song last.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.paulcorfiatis.com/ak29_v2.zip

Viscra Maelstrom has offered some tracks for use in the project. Here's a couple of songs that could be used:

Parting Souls (5:54)

For The New Lunar Republic (Remix) (5:43)

There's also Doom Jockey which hasn't seen much use from what I've been told. From what I've heard it sounds like a number of songs could be put to good use, but I also want to wait and see if anyone either wants to compose for a specific map or if anyone else hears anything they'd like to use. Parting Souls sounds like it could be a good candidate for MAP06, as it would be a nice way to close the first half of Episode 1. I'm thinking For The New Lunar Republic could work nicely on MAP09 since that one doesn't even have a placeholder track.

re music: I'm going to be writing something for antares' map (17) first, hopefully starting by early next week. Probably won't be able to do many tracks, but if anyone wants me to write for a specific map in this let me know!

Looking forward to playtesting E2, hopefully Valkiri will compile it into one wad for me this time round so I don't have to go through 11 maps :P

Just finished E1 nice set of levels that last level though just branched off in too many different diretions and rooms for me but thats just my opinion looking forward to E2.

Yeah, I knew I couldn't with everything going on, I've been planning on moving soon and haven't had more than an hour to work on my submission since my last post and I still won't for the most part.
There isn't a chance I can make the deadline at this point even if I told real life to shove it...sigh.
What do I do?

13 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

Yeah, I knew I couldn't with everything going on, I've been planning on moving soon and haven't had more than an hour to work on my submission since my last post and I still won't for the most part.
There isn't a chance I can make the deadline at this point even if I told real life to shove it...sigh.
What do I do?

Sorry to hear life is getting in the way for you. Have you got much of the map down?

I'd be up for helping out finishing your map if that's what it takes, but I also have a mapslot already. If there was someone eager and suitable that didn't perhaps have a slot I'd be happy for them to take it :)

18 minutes ago, Khorus said:

Sorry to hear life is getting in the way for you. Have you got much of the map down?

I'd say it's probably 30-45% done, when I recovered my backup of it when my last pc had to have windows reinstalled, I lost a small chunk but figured I'd be able to remake what I lost and the finish, but that isn't gonna happen at this rate so any help in finishing it is welcomed with open arms.
In a way, it's something I could've finished but I took a hiatus from mapping so I wouldn't feel burned out, if I didn't, I would have probably finished it a while back. hindsight is 20/20 though.

@wolfmcbeard If you'd rather send it to someone else for completion that's fine. @Khorus I don't mind people having more than one slot if you were willing to take a look at it, if you're not too busy with your current submission.

I know the deadline is in a couple days from now but I just want to clarify something about it; the whole reason I set the deadlines in place was to ensure that this project would keep moving forward in map submissions and finishing up each of the three episodes. If work is actually being done to finish a map I don't see a reason to reject something that could almost be completed. I had this experience with another little project of mine called TNT: Resistance which could have been released by December 2016 but was delayed an entire year over one map slot and one missing person. I didn't want that to happen with this project so if people disappear or there's nothing to show for it we can move on to finishing what we have of it. I'd just like to know that people are still there and working on their entries, otherwise I don't have a reason to push this out if people are disappearing. I will likely start working on getting Episode 2 finished up when the deadline hits so we can eventually have a compiled wad of E2 maps as well, which is why it's important to have maps ready by that time.

I'm good with that if wolfmcbeard is. Feel free to PM me the map and any info if you decide to go that way, Wolf :)

@valkiriforce understand, I should've kept working, but I can't make excuses for choosing to stop for a bit, all I can do is apologize and thank @Khorus for being willing to pick up my slack.
I wish I had the time/didn't squander the ample amount I had.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:43 PM, riscoloco said:

Just finished E1 nice set of levels that last level though just branched off in too many different diretions and rooms for me but thats just my opinion looking forward to E2.

Yeah I guess I'm a big fan of sprawling and very non-linear design. Could try something more linear some day for a change, might be fun. :) Was there something you liked with it?

Since the E2 deadline is coming I made another small update with the exit room setup changed from the feedback and few visual changes, the download link remains the same.

I've pretty much heard back from everyone except @Chaingunner, just wanna know if you've got progress on your map since we've reached the deadline for outside submissions for Episode 2. And with that we're entering the last available deadline with Episode 3 submissions by July the 8th. After this we're going to fine-tune and playtest all of the maps and hopefully get a complete soundtrack somewhere down the road, and fill any empty slots that remain if any. Still a little ways to go but not too far off now.

I'm gonna work on getting the episode 2 maps up and finished in the meantime. @complexDoomer I looked over your recent updated MAP12 and noticed it was simplified quite a bit for vanilla Doom 2, however I do have the original map with the additional details and I was working on getting that working with vanilla since I do think it looks nice; maybe have some additional details in the works as well including some extra monster placement. I also have a map sent to me from Juza which is not 100% finished, but I hope to get it completed as well after I finish up with Map 12. That's pretty much where I am at this point, and I hope to get Episode 2 up and available when the remaining maps are submitted.

Been spending the past week or so simplifying how the secrets work as they were overly elaborate/bordering on clunky.  Still have the SE corner to finish but that isn't driving me nuts like the red key bfg secret was.   I've been looking at parts of this map since '01 when it was going to be map27 of Plutonia2; so I think it's just a case of map fatigue that I'm pushing through as it's turned out better than I planned.

Current section I'm reworking/finalizing and an overall view.

ak25current050819.png

ak050819.png