Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Can't play on Nightmare

Do what Google says and Official Meteorological Service say always match in North America (Current Temperature)?

In Turkey, for many places, Google and Official Met Office dont match, at times very different indeed.

When a town in Eastern Turkey was -27.9°C according to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Google was saying 16°C. The difference can even get as much as 12°C in certain places at times.

Google is based on an unofficial weather website founded in the USA but for North America, it looks like is based on official weather stations but it is not based on Official Weather Stations outside of America. 

In many places in Turkey, Google and Met Office dont match. They show different numbers for the same city or town.

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

There's plenty of weather services here (like in many other countries, but the main one is the NWS (the National Weather Service). There's other sites like Weather Underground or AccuWeather that do their own forecasts though, and yeah, they can differ too.

I'm just glad I can relive this relic from my younger days.

image.png.e7a2eeebc817f1592536b40daa453cac.png

2 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

There's plenty of weather services here (like in many other countries, but the main one is the NWS (the National Weather Service). There's other sites like Weather Underground or AccuWeather that do their own forecasts though, and yeah, they can differ too.

I'm just glad I can relive this relic from my younger days.

image.png.e7a2eeebc817f1592536b40daa453cac.png

Weather Underground and Accuweather are not based on Official Weather Stations and they differ from Official Met Service. And the thing is, they dont even have weather stations to measure the temp from the ground, so why would anyone look at the current temperatures from them instead of Official Met Service?

It is like they are trying to estimate the current temps from the sky with no actual temp measurements from the ground.

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare