Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AverageWalrus24

Doom Eternal Hints in DOOM 2016 Multiplayer

Found this on the DOOM reddit. The guy is kind of cringey to listen to, but what he found is neat.

The text he wants to decipher looks like Arabic/some other Middle Eastern language, but I doubt that it actually is.

32 minutes ago, AverageWalrus24 said:

Found this on the DOOM reddit. The guy is kind of cringey to listen to, but what he found is neat.

The text he wants to decipher looks like Arabic/some other Middle Eastern language, but I doubt that it actually is.

why is there a logo from game theory?

Or id created all that stuff for Doom 2016 and is simply reusing it in Doom Eternal. The whole video is based on the idea that all that stuff was created for Doom Eternal and then incorporated into Doom 2016, but it collapses like a house of cards if you consider that it could be the other way around.

3 hours ago, boris said:

Or id created all that stuff for Doom 2016 and is simply reusing it in Doom Eternal. The whole video is based on the idea that all that stuff was created for Doom Eternal and then incorporated into Doom 2016, but it collapses like a house of cards if you consider that it could be the other way around.

true

I think the biggest lore nerds here already knew most of this.  I have spent several hours combing every inch of the MP maps in order to find the smallest bits of new lore.  Marty and Martin have said in several interviews that there are indeed clues in Doom 4 and anything put in the 2016 game will not be written off.  It all has a purpose.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:24 PM, boris said:

I don't think so. id started working on their own MP maps after Doom 2016 was released. By then they probably already new their next game might be Doom 2019. Why not start trying your first ideas by creating MP maps?

It would be interesting to investigate whether the Doom 2019 multiplayer assets have been in Doom 2016s game library or even snapmap in Doom 2016s initial release or not.

22 hours ago, InsanityBringer said:

that a parody video gets taken seriously.

That explains the cringe. I'll take it that parts were made cringey to poke fun at Game Theory, which is also the reasoning for the logo on the thumbnail, eh?

7 minutes ago, igg said:

It would be interesting to investigate whether the Doom 2019 multiplayer assets have been in Doom 2016s game library or even snapmap in Doom 2016s initial release or not.

I could try to look into this, no guarantee though as the only way I can think of checking this is on a physical copy of the game, and I only have a physical copy for xbox one, where literally some games only have a CD key on the disk and the whole game needs to be downloaded, and even if there is data on the disk besides a CD key the blu-ray drives that I have might not be able to read it (But as far as I know this should only be a problem for PS3 games).