Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

I will volunteer to do the DEMO1 DEMO2 DEMO3 lumps for the megawad (as
no megawad is really complete without them).

VolteFace said:

Hey I did one for Infliction of Hate..

So I can do a demo...

But for Legacy...

VolteFace said:

In which case, we'll need to send you some maps, as the secret maps would be inappropriate to 'reveal' in a demo.

Which maps would everyone like to see a demo of?

VolteFace said:

I will volunteer to do the DEMO1 DEMO2 DEMO3 lumps for the megawad (as no megawad is really complete without them).

You're right! But what about any port-specific levels...? You can't use v1.9 to record demos for those lvls...! Or just pick the levels w/o any 'specials' in them...

scorpion said:

You're right! But what about any port-specific levels...? You can't use v1.9 to record demos for those lvls...! Or just pick the levels w/o any 'specials' in them...

There aren't any Boom specials allowed in the maps, the ports are required to remove line limits. Best thing is to record for the most popular port (probably Boom/prBoom or ZDoom), or ask Cadman about it.

VolteFace said:

junior@kwic.com? And it's not some 4MB file or anything is it?

Nope, I just tried again with no attatchment and my email got returned.

sparky said:

Is There Any Rough Release Date ?

I seriously doubt it, but maybe next month if everything works out IMO.

Ultimate DooMer said:

My advice this time is to always back up your map onto a floppy every so often - that way you can't lose the map if your PC screws up again. (always works for me)

Yeah - good point, I always just get lazy and put it off :-P. Although i never intended it would do that to my poor level... ah well. Can you send me that level ive heard so much positive info on Ultimate Doomer? cosmikhorror@yahoo.com

Black Void: I've sent both of them, just in case you meant map 20 instead of map 01, although it seems clear to me that you meant map 01.

If anyone has any bad comments (as well as good ones) about my CC maps, then I'd like to hear them. (I think the maps are great, but there are some things about them - map 20 in particular - that won't go down well with everyone)

And finally, the nameless map list now stands as follows:

Map 19 (scorpion)
Map 30 (RailGunner)
Map 32 (VolteFace)

Awesome levels Ultimate Doomer! Your talent makes me jelous... level 20 was like, near impossible though. Other than that, very enjoyable! My level name is now called, "The forgotten Prison"

It is a well... forgotten prison :-P

Ok Got an announcement:

I am pauseing work on Methods of Fear...

the reason is that an old friend of mine, Bill Parker, has ask that I finish PIR2 (the Doom 2 project we started about 2 years ago)
We are close to completeing the project. I had a map 27 started awhile back and am close to completeing it.

This dose not mean I'am quitting CC. I will just working on Pir2 for about aweek or so. I will work on Methods of Fear still.

Unfortunately the page hasn't been updated for a while now, and all the slots are taken. But stick around, because you never know what'll happen. (we've already had one dropout, but that slot got taken by someone else a couple of days ago) Best thing is to talk to Cadman and get '1st reserve' status.

Nice looking map, btw.

the reason is that an old friend of mine, Bill Parker, has ask that I finish PIR2 (the Doom 2 project we started about 2 years ago)
We are close to completeing the project. I had a map 27 started awhile back and am close to completeing it.

thats good news :D cant wait to see it... been waitin :(

maxspeed said:

I saw from CC homepage that there are still few slots left, I could do one map if there are slots left (i have one map almost ready)?

I have been working with this level for quite a lot of time. Here is some screenshots:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/max55/beta6.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/max55/beta4.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/max55/beta2.jpg

Holy BFG! Very nice work ther maxspeed!

Maybe I will just try to devide my time between the projects.

Because for Pir2 i have the odd number maps.

Maps I have complete: 3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25.
all I have to do is: 27,29,31. and 27 is already underway.

So this is my plan.

There are no slots left. Everything has been accounted for. Volteface has just been busy with school and should be updating the page anytime. I just received map07 from Gene Bird today. I now have 9 maps completed.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Making progress, worked on map most of my weekend. I WILL start map13 sat. or sun. i have put my other two projects on hold for this stuff, i need to finish up this first map. I told the team i was going to go on hiatus and i knew they'd be disappointed, but then i realised i had no team and everything was okay.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Unfortunately the page hasn't been updated for a while now, and all the slots are taken. But stick around, because you never know what'll happen. (we've already had one dropout, but that slot got taken by someone else a couple of days ago) Best thing is to talk to Cadman and get '1st reserve' status.

Nice looking map, btw.

OK, Have to wait and see, If theres no openings i'll propably release this as 'one map wad' and add it later to my Overkill level pack.

Thanks to everybody for good comments!

Cadman said:

There are no slots left. Everything has been accounted for. Volteface has just been busy with school and should be updating the page anytime. I just received map07 from Gene Bird today. I now have 9 maps completed.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

If Gene Bird's map is complete, could you tell me the name of it?

(PS: Sphagne's and Bad Bob's maps are also complete, so that makes 15)

Just To Point Out That The Name Of

MAP 23 By Sphagne
"The Living End"

Has Already Been Taken By Doom2 Map 29
HEHE :D

Officially I have only received 9 maps. Sphagne has sent me some stuff and he wanted me to pick out the maps to use from a "selection". I don't do that, Sphagne, if you can hear me then send me the maps that you had screen shots for from the original and 2nd website. Remember, this project comes from the "Doom Community" and not from me. I don't pick maps for this project, you as the level designer pick them, design them and submit them to me.

Sorry Sphagne, that's why I haven't picked any maps that you've sent me. I appreciate it though, thanks. I don't do that, as long as they meet the criteria of the project then let's have them. Zip each individual map along with a text file, what slot it's designed for and then give them to me.

Also, for all of you without names for your maps please submit names to the "The Ultimate Doomer" so he can finish all the graphics. Once I have all the maps I will then combine the levels into the megawad and then I will playtest it and give the megawad to The Ultimate Doomer so he can merge the graphics into the project. He's the graphics man so I leave it up to him.

Remember, I'm the coordinator...it's my job to keep this thing going so it doesn't die out, so I'm doing that. I refuse to let this thing die like so many other projects out there! Keep it going everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

im new here and read through the entire thread today and its amazing that this is going on

good job guys

Cadman said:

Also, for all of you without names for your maps please submit names to the "The Ultimate Doomer" so he can finish all the graphics. Once I have all the maps I will then combine the levels into the megawad and then I will playtest it and give the megawad to The Ultimate Doomer so he can merge the graphics into the project. He's the graphics man so I leave it up to him.

I was actually planning to submit the graphics wad to you once I have all the names. You wouldn't be able to send me the megawad anyway, as I have a 1 meg attachment limit. (hope you don't mind)

BTW, Bad Bob also needs to submit his 3 maps (the first 3 maps in Redux, released in newstuff #100)