Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Ultimate DooMer said:

The only way to fix that would be to alter each individual bridge so there are more linedefs with a smaller gap between them (as you can still walk on the linedefs) - but that's quite a few maps with quite a few bridges (and in one case, a ton of bridges!). Which means a lot of work would be needed from the authors of those maps to make a zennode run viable, so it probably isn't on.

Yes of course, it's obvious in retrospect. That's why Cadman got so many extra segs. I was so careful working around that limit as I had exactly the same issue with my last map, heh. Some may have to think of it as a map for the future (when they get a more powerful comp), but with a powerful enough comp it runs beautifully. I spent nearly 2 months playtesting it and making minor alterations (and it's still crap, heh).
I'm gonna RMB it now and see if it helps.

VolteFace said:

All maps should have DM starts, regardless of size.

All righty, then. Consider it done.

Okay guys, I have compiled the latest build. This one is called "ccbeta12.zip" and I'll by giving it to Volteface to post on the secret URL. I'll make sure my e-mail address for the team is updated as well. Here's what I did...

*I ran DeepBSP on all maps. (stayed away from zennode for that)

*I ran Zennode for the "reject" only on all maps.

*Merged all pwads.

*DEH & BEX files are included in the zip. (run them from the command line)

Please playtest the maps and give feedback.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

Okay guys, I have compiled the latest build.

Cadman, seeing as how you've already done so much work, would you consider adding 3 player starts and 4 DM starts to Map18? It would save me having to do it and email the thing to you. Use your own discretion to decide on the locations of the starts.

If you're reluctant to touch someone else's map, I'll understand and take care of it myself.

No problem Rex...I will add the other player starts and the DM starts. Easy enough...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

ReX said:

Cadman, seeing as how you've already done so much work, would you consider adding 3 player starts and 4 DM starts to Map18? It would save me having to do it and email the thing to you. Use your own discretion to decide on the locations of the starts.

If you're reluctant to touch someone else's map, I'll understand and take care of it myself.

Ditto for map 25, I forgot to throw in some DM starts.

That ugly sky is still there. (and map 22 is still not in)

The bridges are fine, though.

Is that the only one left?

Ultimate DooMer said:

That ugly sky is still there. (and map 22 is still not in)

The bridges are fine, though.

Christ, how many times am I gonna send it?

Oh, and I posted a new sky replacement on page 29 if you want to use it.

Archvile46 said:

Is that the only one left?

No, map13 is still in progress. Glad you liked map 12!

Use3D said:

No, map13 is still in progress. Glad you liked map 12!

It definitely reminded me of something straight out of MM2 or Requiem. Loads of fun!

Just to let you know, I do not have map 22! I know you keep saying that you've sent it..."BUT I REALLY DO NOT HAVE IT"

Are you sending it to the following e-mail address?

KHarris31@cfl.rr.com

That's my address...

I checked my directories and it is not there! Are you sending it to VolteFace for the website?

I'll be waiting for it. Thanks alot!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I got map 22...thanks for sending it!

For those of you that don't like that "ugly sky" then change it, you have my permission. Get the sky, the see if Ultimate Doomer can "patch it in there" with updated graphics pwad and I'll throw it together.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I just sent Ultimate Doomer this.

(that last pic looked more like a mockery sky. :P )

Here's the latest on what I have...

I am just missing the following maps...

Map 13, Map 24 and Map 28!

That's it! I know the authors of those maps are working hard on getting it out, thanks guys!

Notes of interest:

*Map 5 - I added the other player starts and the DM starts.

*Map 14 - I add the DM starts.

*Map 18 - I added the other player starts and the DM starts.

*Map 25 - I added the DM starts.

When I get all the maps then I will compile them along with all the new graphics, DEH and BEX files. I will then package it up and make it available for download on the secret URL for the final playtesting. If it all works out then I'll package it up along with the text file giving credit where credit is due. The project will be released within the 1st two weeks in June! I'll upload to VolteFace to the team's website and then to "Incoming" and then it'll get put in "Newstuff". I will also let "DoomWorld" know about the release so we can get a blurb on the page. Good work guys, your maps rock!!!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Actually, I'm not so sure about the wad going on my webspace; it's just
my ISP account (with which I am grossly exceeding the space limit already)
and I'm sure they would most definately not appreciate a huge bandwidth
hit from the Doom community like that.

VolteFace said:

Actually, I'm not so sure about the wad going on my webspace; .... I'm sure they would most definately not appreciate a huge bandwidth
hit from the Doom community like that.

I don't think Cadman meant putting the wad up on your site to make it available for public access and download. General public access will be via 3DGamers' archives. Your site will only be used for team member access.

Well, bandwidth is what I'm worried about. I don't think they really care
about the space. They've probably got 3-4 120GB hard drives on two or
three servers, with about 2GB total being used. :p Bandwidth is the main
concern, as the Doom community could make a big impact.

VolteFace said:

Well, bandwidth is what I'm worried about. I don't think they really care
about the space. They've probably got 3-4 120GB hard drives on two or
three servers, with about 2GB total being used. :p Bandwidth is the main
concern, as the Doom community could make a big impact.

The only people downloading this are the 20 or so people who are working on the project. The general public will have to download it from 3darchives or another FTP site.

Just to be clear here...

The team's website that VolteFace has graciously provided to us, is only for the use of the team, not for the public. Especially when it comes to downloading files.

The Doom community will only be able to download this project from the normal channels, nothing more.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

No

Cadman said
*Edit under Boom/PrBoom to remove original Doom limits and bugs.
*Use original Doom2 textures, specials and tags.
*No Boom specials and tags please.
*No glaring errors please. No HOM's and make sure texture alignments are good.

Can't you just taste it? No, I don't mean fame and fortune, although I expect the authors of CCM will get their 15 minutes of fame. I mean the moment when it's all completed, and sent off to /incoming. It is a most satisfying feeling to reach the end of a long and challenging road.

Yes well all I can say is it will be a job well done by everyone who is envolved with this project..

Oh, I see... In that case, I will be able to provide a spot for the final
product to go until it's released on newstuff for the team only.

I've posted 15 new screenshots from Sudden Death, all taken using jDooM. Visit DooM Nexus to see them. (Of course, for those of you who have played the level, these scenes won't be new.)