Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Linguica said:

Do you guys want your own forum for this or anything...

That would be helpful, if you really want to dish out more server space to our lowly cause.

Linguica said:

Yes, that would be cool.

Under what section in the fourms would this go?

I know thats a pretty dumb question....

Linguica said:

Feel the love?

anyway the maps are currently:
map12 73%

map13 18%

Stupid virus. Kept me off the comp all day yesterday. Couldn't do a thing with map 22. I really need to get back to that now. ):P

WoW 14 pages

S----w----e----e----t!

Map progress is ok I guess. Got alittle side tracked..(Snowy weather)

SNOW RULES!!!!! hmmm anyway..

Back to work.

I finally started working on map26, I guess around the third day or so of development, I'll start submiting pictures to Cadman...

L. Ron Hubbard said:

I know I'm looking forward to it. Does it have maps from any of the people from the Requiem crew?

Not that I know of, but some of the maps I've seen are pretty damn close in terms of quality.

Well I hope my maps fit with the rest...Ya know like in between maps 15 and 18... Graphics and such...

Well still working...

ravage said:

Oh, and I may be putting some screenshots on my site, there's nothing in it, save a shotgun and such. No enemies yet, and still not finished. Duh.

Edit:
geocities.com/dragon_69283/projects.html]Schreenshots ahoy.

What he said. Screenshots made with LAGacy (duh) in 640x480. Not finished (but you can clearly see that for yourself), and I got a little carried away screenshottin' ...

Mine were done with Zdoom 1.17 640x480. I tried to keep the # of screenies to a minimum. Foo. :P

ravage said:

Mine were done with Zdoom 1.17 640x480. I tried to keep the # of screenies to a minimum. Foo. :P

Heh, :P as I said, I got carried away! And I wanted to show people at work what I done, this was the easiest way to do it IMO.

Well, I've populated my map so far, (map itself not done yet, I'm wierd) and It's kinda weak, even if it is tough. Hurt me plenty was too easy, and I haven't done anything for any difficulties yet. Foo, boo, and screw. It's coming faster now than ever. :)

Well I have ran into an error...or Problem which ever you want to call it.

I can't open Methods of Fear. I get a memeory bull shit code.. the map has over 400+ sectors init so it maybe to big but I don't damn well know...Shit I most likely have to start all over.

Shit!!!! I hate this crap...But I guess that it may be a good thing,
considering another map I made called Timelessness had an error like this and it turned out great so who knows.

I'e not seen this error before, are you using WA? My map have over 600 sectors and I've not had any issues. dude it's be shitty if you had to start over ;(

One of my CC maps has 1200 sectors in it, so it can't be WA's fault - it could be Windows or your PC causing the trouble. (make sure your hard drive isn't too full - this can cause all sorts of memory trouble)

btw, can you actually run the wad in DooM?

Aleaver said:

Well I have ran into an error...or Problem which ever you want to call it.

I can't open Methods of Fear. I get a memeory bull shit code.. the map has over 400+ sectors in it so it maybe to big but I don't damn well know...Shit I most likely have to start all over.

Shit!!!! I hate this crap...But I guess that it may be a good thing,
considering another map I made called Timelessness had an error like this and it turned out great so who knows.

You can sometimes run into this kind of problem if you are trying to run it from inside WA. Will it open with any of the ports?

Some of the guys have extra WA files they downloaded to alleviate some kinds of problems.

You might also have to rebuild the nodes with BSP or something to get it to go.

Send a copy to someone you know to see if they can open it and save it.

Searcher said:

Send a copy to someone you know to see if they can open it and save it.

good idea! i can help with that andy, i have many editors.

Well I have tried this:

1. Re-building the nodes with bsp 5.1
Result: No good.

2. Tried Wadauthor.
Result: Error stating that the wad file Mof..(which is what the name of the map is.) contians no maps.

3. Tried to free up somemore memory..

I have 256 megs of memory so I know thats not a problem.
So It looks like the editor I used when initial error occured scrambled the map up to where it everything I use says there is no map.

So as a result of all this I will have to start a new map..

Aleaver said:

Well I have tried this:

2. Tried Wadauthor.
Result: Error stating that the wad file Mof..(which is what the name of the map is.) contians no maps.

So It looks like the editor I used when initial error occured scrambled the map up to where it everything I use says there is no map.

ack, dude, that must suck harshly. :(

Aleaver said:

Well I have tried this:

2. Tried Wadauthor.

Can you send me a copy, so I can look at it? (it's a long shot I know, but you never know...)

theultimatedoomer@hotmail.com

Andy Leaver: I remember you asking people if they'd like to test MOF somewhere earlier in the thread. So I went back through the pages and found it on page 12.

Deathman, DOOM Anomaly and Use3D all said they wanted to test it, so if any of them still have the wad on their HD, then at least you'll get to recover an earlier version. You also uploaded a demo somewhere as well.

(unless I'm mistaken, and they said they'd test it when it was finished, and the wad was never sent - in which case I apologise for getting your hopes up)

Ultimate DooMer said:

Andy Leaver: I remember you asking people if they'd like to test MOF somewhere earlier in the thread. So I went back through the pages and found it on page 12.

Deathman, DOOM Anomaly and Use3D all said they wanted to test it, so if any of them still have the wad on their HD, then at least you'll get to recover an earlier version. You also uploaded a demo somewhere as well.

(unless I'm mistaken, and they said they'd test it when it was finished, and the wad was never sent - in which case I apologise for getting your hopes up)

Ack, Sorry dude I looked in every Doom Directory, searched with the find thing, and looked again using DeePsea and Wintex, couldnt find it. I think we were going for when it was done. Sorry dude. :(

Well I have started a new map..

Fuck it, I need to make up for alot of lost time...

Thanks to everyone who tried to help...

I guess the evils of my bad luck win this one if you know what I mean.

Check my site for an update later.