Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Seeing how some of you are missing map 22 from the last build I will make another build sometime today with everything I have so far, that includes the new sky(s) you wanted. I will then upload to VolteFace so he can post it on the secret URL.

Look at it, test it and make sure your map(s) play correctly and that includes getting into the secret levels.

Remember, the end of this month is the deadline. Once I have all the maps and make sure all the graphics and all other pertinent stuff is in place I will create a "Final Build" just before public release. This is so that you, the team can do a final run through before we release it to the community.

This project will be released within the 1st two weeks of June! For the maps already submitted, if you have any tweaks or corrections you wish implemented then do it soon and re-submit your map back to me.

Any questions then e-mail me.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I have sent the new build to VolteFace. It's beta14, don't ask me about the numbers okay? heh! Go to the secret URL for it...test it out.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Ok Got it. Which are the new maps in beta 14? I thought it was supposed to be map 22 but it is not there.

I don't think the build is actually there. (it's not on the html page, and it says the page can't be found when I type the zip name in directly)

Nevermind, as I already have the updates...

Well I tell ya map 29 is a big map. Really slowed my computer down..
But it still played so it's cool.

Map22 could need some more ammo in the end, I think special right after yellow door, maybe 8shells or a berserk would work good there. :)
Great map! ravage.

Only a week to go to the deadline guys!

(just to remind you)

Torn: don't forget of course that you'll be carrying quite a bit of ammo going into the map when the megawad is played proper. (although starting from pistol is a bit tight, berserking of imps and hellknights called for just behind the yellow door)

The way I remember it, Map22 had enough ammo, even with a pistol start. Aside from the rampant texture misalignments, it is IMO an excellent map.

ReX said:

The way I remember it, Map22 had enough ammo, even with a pistol start. Aside from the rampant texture misalignments, it is IMO an excellent map.

And those misalignments will not be there in the next build, as I've fixed them all and sent it to Cadman and Ravage (with permission of course).

Ultimate DooMer said:

And those misalignments will not be there in the next build, as I've fixed them all and sent it to Cadman and Ravage (with permission of course).

Cool. Thats great news!

I'm going to add some music to my maps and try to make some minor skill ajustments. Then re-send them..That is of course if it won't be a problem..

Ok all I need to do is done..Anyone want to playtest and see if I made them unblanced?

I'am asking because of this..Before there where only 165 monsters in MOF. And now there is 196. And I added a few to IOH aswell.

Any takers?

Ultimate DooMer said:

Torn: don't forget of course that you'll be carrying quite a bit of ammo going into the map when the megawad is played proper. (although starting from pistol is a bit tight, berserking of imps and hellknights called for just behind the yellow door)

I know, but many (including me) play a megawad by play the first ones, then -idclev to a few. Or just warping to some map in the megawad. Every level should have enough ammo for kill all the monsters from pistol start, imo.

Btw, you get the finish map of mine the second or last day of the deadline. It will be episode4 styled.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Maybe it's time to check my maps again, just to make sure. I don't need to add any music to them though, as I'll be using that music wad I made.

Oh, speaking of, I listened to your wad the other night. Where did you get most of that music? Some of it I clearly recognized from various places, other megawads, ROTT, etc. Some of that stuff was familiar, but I couldn't remember where I heard it, and some of it I'd never heard before.

Archvile46 said:

Oh, speaking of, I listened to your wad the other night. Where did you get most of that music? Some of it I clearly recognized from various places, other megawads, ROTT, etc. Some of that stuff was familiar, but I couldn't remember where I heard it, and some of it I'd never heard before.

I got them from all over the place, collected during many years of DooMing. Some from music wads (notably heavy.zip and markmus2.zip) some from maps (notably cheetah4.zip) and of course the megawads (MM, MM2, HR). If you want a complete list, let me know.

btw, what did you think of it?

I have to agree, every map should have the ammo to be able to do it from a pistol start.

If not, the map will not have as much replay value to the player or the guys that may ultimately have otherwise done demos for it.

Map 22 could use a scant few more shells, say 12-16 total. Maybe 8 right after the yellow door, or a berserk in there somewhere early. I ran out of ammo three times. Not by much but very close if you miss just a few times.

The balance of the maps are in great shape. Some of them are sure tough.

If anyone notices anything in any of the maps that should be addressed, now is the time. We are down to the wire on this one :)

I just beat map13 from a pistol start in UV. I think it's balanced. ;)

I just received maps 13 and a revamped map 22. So we are down to two(2) maps...maps 24 and 28.

Notes of interest...remember what I said at the beginning of this project? You should be able to start every map with a pistol start and be able to complete it from a pistol start.

I will not do another build until I have all the maps...we only have 6 days to go to deadline! The next build will be with all the maps and I would like the entire team to download it and test it out before we release it.

Also, I will be checking all the zip files for a text file. I want to be able to give credit where credit is due! I can't do a proper text file for the team unless I have all your information. Remember, at the beginning of this project I asked for everyone to give me a text file along with their wad.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

So we are down to two(2) maps...maps 24 and 28....we only have 6 days to go to deadline!

Man, the two guys assigned to those maps are cutting it close.

Ok the tweked maps are sent in.

I am officially done with my maps in this project.
I hope they are up to par with the rest.
Meaning as compared with all the great talent in this team.

Ultimate DooMer said:

btw, what did you think of it?

I thought it was pretty interesting. I'll admit, when I first looked through them in WinTex, I was doubting how they'd sound in-game, but they did fit rather well in a Doom add-on.

Use3D said:

I'm done.

Awesome, if it's anywhere as orgasmically awesome as map 12 was, I can't wait to see it :D

Archvile46 said:

I can't wait to see it :D

Check your inbox! I'll send it to a few other interested team members in the morning, right now I should sleep. :Z

yeah each level really does need to be completable from a warp. I have favourite levels in certain megawads, what would I do if they had too little ammo? cheat?