Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

It might be worth adding enough ammo to kill him, as I wouldn't have been able to do so if he had teleported in. (unless of course the idea is to evade, rather than kill him)

Archvile46 I got the update on your map, thanks alot.

Okay, let's get map29 updated! We need more ammo and health, is that correct? That's your map Magikal...:)

I received a couple of more notes on the text file and I'll get that updated.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

Archvile46 I got the update on your map, thanks alot.

Okay, let's get map29 updated! We need more ammo and health, is that correct? That's your map Magikal...:)

Well, that's my opinion (as I was quite enjoying the challenge up to the point where I ran out, then I had to stay in god mode after that), I don't know about everyone else yet. I've got some text file recommendations of my own, I'll send them to you soon. (I might add some ammo to map 20 as well, as it's possible that others might feel the same way about map 20 as I felt about map 29)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

It might be worth adding enough ammo to kill him, as I wouldn't have been able to do so if he had teleported in. (unless of course the idea is to evade, rather than kill him)

That is pretty much the idea, although I could add some rockets or cells or something for those people who are into the max stuff.

Cadman - I'm assuming you got my note about the text file as well then?

Archvile46 I would love to see enough ammo in your map to max it. I rarely replay maps that do not have enough ammo to finish them because I am totally focused on max runs. Don't think I have done a dozen speed runs in eight years. I am one of those people that start a map a don't leave until the carnage is 100% over. Like Opulent says "Max runs are the defining test for demos and maps"

UD I sure wouldn't kick about having a bit more ammo in your map 20. There is enough, but it reqires a lot of backtracking to get it. For my runs ammo seems a little scarce from the yellow door to the end unless I back track to pick up leftovers. Again there is enough, with backtracking and watching it in a couple of parts. A little more would be a big relief when facing that many monsters.

And aside from that, max is the category we play when we make demopacks. :)

Searcher said:

TUD I sure wouldn't kick about having a bit more ammo in your map 20. There is enough, but it reqires a lot of backtracking to get it. For my runs ammo seems a little scarce from the yellow door to the end unless I back track to pick up leftovers. Again there is enough, with backtracking and watching it in a couple of parts. A little more would be a big relief when facing that many monsters.

The trouble is that a big stash is hidden in one of the secrets, and really you shouldn't need to find that secret in order to avoid running out. Also, there isn't enough to kill all the monsters in the reactor (as I tried last time and failed it, that's what caused the ammo trouble in map 21) and although you don't need to kill them all, some people (like yourself) will want to.

I don't know what the max demo people will make of the map though - if they do try it, it would be a case of 'kill everything up to the bomb and then leg it' as it's not possible to kill the final trap monsters in 2 minutes.

Right, I'm currently playing it through a second time (up to map 13 right now) using a full ammo conservation strategy (but not extreme) to see if I get any ammo trouble again. Then I have a more accurate picture of the ammo balance for the review.

Good to hear Ultimate, I too am playing through the wad but I've had full shifts the last few days so I'm only on map09. ;P

This project is borderline as long as Insertion. ;)
This released yet?

What who? Tolwyn?

The trouble is that a big stash is hidden in one of the secrets, and really you shouldn't need to find that secret in order to avoid running out. Also, there isn't enough to kill all the monsters in the reactor (as I tried last time and failed it, that's what caused the ammo trouble in map 21) and although you don't need to kill them all, some people (like yourself) will want to.

I don't know what the max demo people will make of the map though - if they do try it, it would be a case of 'kill everything up to the bomb and then leg it' as it's not possible to kill the final trap monsters in 2 minutes.

I certainly understand the dilemma.

One one hand you don't want to have the players leaving the map with a full load of ammo so it impacts the next map.

On the other hand it SHOULD have enough ammo to max it, just incase it is do-able by the doom elite.

Your call of course, and a tough one at that. As it stands it is barely do-able for max. I did find all but one secret.

I spent over an hour in map 20 last night and really enjoyed it. I was not rushing at all, just having a good time running around and whacking the bad guys. It is a great map and very well executed. It was probably my 6th time thru it. Some of those attacks are so severe they just about take your breath away. Wow. ;)

I for one would never overlook the demo recording community.

Well, I've just finished it myself, without getting the secret and killing everything bar the monsters that try and block your escape (a virtual max, given the timed ending of the map - and I still have 72 rockets!) But then, I know all the maps now, and have been conserving pretty hard all game.

So you're right, it doesn't need any more ammo. What is does need though is a supercharge or megasphere at the start. (coming in from map 19 with 62% health is not a good situation, given the opening onslaught)

Do we have anymore map updates or graphic updates? I would like to do a new build with all the new stuff.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

Do we have anymore map updates or graphic updates? I would like to do a new build with all the new stuff.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Yep - I've updated map 20 with a few things (megasphere at start, 2 areas have changed places to make the timed dash to the exit a bit harder, the door in the warehouse is now the one that opens when the bomb is started, and has an exit sign, added health in the exit train and some detail improvements). And having just checked my email I'll be updating the credit stuff, too.

Apart from that, I think it's ready to go. I had no trouble with map 29 this time, as I carried enough ammo in to start with (400, 50, 25, 600). Basically, the more you conserve through the rest of the maps, the better chance you have of completing map 29 without running out.

(I did notice that the lift in the citadel itself requires wall running, which needs turning on in ZDoom...)

edit: Check your email, they're sent.

I just want to make sure of this, I've tested the other maps, all is well.

and anyone find any bugs in any of my maps? 10, 15, 26?

I'll be working on the new build with all the updates I've received so far...including the "new" map 13! Text file has been updated and some of the graphics have been updated. I'll let you know when the build is ready...

I may even setup a FTP server so you can download it, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I have completed the "Final Build" and will upload it to VolteFace. If for some reason you would rather get it from me, I can setup an FTP server where you can get it. Drop me an e-mail and I will give you the address along with a login and password and we can setup a time. I can keep the server up and running from 6:00 p.m. my time, eastern standard time here in the U.S. (GMT -5) until 11:00 p.m. Just let me know.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

p.s. Give me the word on this build and I will upload it to "incoming".

Is the filename the same as before?

edit: no it's not. I dunno what's up with my PC/browser/whatever, but it seems to show the old page for ages before eventually showing the new page. Oh well, I'll get it off Cadman's ftp server.

Is the filename the same as before?

edit: no it's not. I dunno what's up with my PC/browser/whatever, but it seems to show the old page for ages before eventually showing the new page. Oh well, I'll get it off Cadman's ftp server.

The filename is "CChest.zip". I also sent you an e-mail with the FTP server information...go get it man while I have it up and running.

For everyone else, get it from the secret URL and look at it. If it's good to go then tell me ASAP. I'll then post it to "incoming"! Thanks everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Chirst almighty, maps21-32 still have that awful sky. I guess it's staying then. Thomas sent me sky we could use, but i suppose it's too late now.

As far as I'm concerned it is good to go once Cadman checks that sky. He can merge it if different and load the final to incoming.

Great job team!!

Get in here now team and tell Cadman to release it.

Say, why don't you people migrate over to Millennium when you're done here? :P

is this the latest "everyone post here, even if its off-topic" thread that pops up every now and then?

Rubilacxe said:

is this the latest "everyone post here, even if its off-topic" thread that pops up every now and then?

Nope - this is a big community project that actually got finished, so he's hoping for all of us to go over to Millenium in the hope that our success here rubs off onto it...

Searcher said:

Get in here now team and tell Cadman to release it.

Yeah, before Saturday night...

Apart from the sky, it's standing on the rooftops shouting "Baby, I'm ready to go!"