Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

looking for a vanilla doom server with no source ports? look no further.

are you tired of playing source ports of doom just to play multi-player?

do you long for the authentic doom fragging experience?

is your life-long desire to play multiplayer in dosbox?

if your answer was "is this guy psychic or something?" then THIS is the opportunity of a lifetime for you!

you will need: 1 copy of full registered doom, and 1 copy of dosbox!

simply open up dosbox, type in IPXNET CONNECT 68.144.203.192 1024 (or 192.168.0.15 1024, if that doesn't work), navigate to your registered doom folder, open setup, run a network game, choose IPX network, choose THE SHORES OF HELL as your episode, the number of players as 4, difficulty as HEY NOT TOO ROUGH, and the game mode as DEATHMATCH. finally, press F10, and, if you did the procedure correctly, you will end up at my server, should you choose to accept my invite.

Edited by memes4lyfe : i pressed Publish by mistake

As hard as it is to find classic style games on the endlessly more convenient source ports, I’m afraid playing through DosBox is a really rare thing to see.

Create a Discord and find people to coordinate with that way. Running a DOSbox server and blindly hoping someone is going to join is a waste of time.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:58 AM, memes4lyfe said:

68.144.203.192 1024 (or 192.168.0.15 1024, if that doesn't work)

If your WAN IP doesn't work, your LAN IP isn't going to do any better unless someone actually came to your house.

Maddog where did you go man! I miss our vanilla games! We should DM some time, all of us. A 3 man vanilla FFA would rule.

climbed out of my hidey hole to play more doom :)) and hell yah some DEATHMATCH would be awesome.

I think are last deathmatch we had we both had 200 ping on dwango5 map2 hehehehe was a hell of a time.

Fonze~! Great to hear from you, was just askin meleemario where you were at  a week ago :)

and Mr.memes4lyfe do you have discord or irc? it would be a hell of a lot easier to setup than in a forum

Edit: Great discord channel for vanilla and chocolate doom https://discord.gg/5M8K6vQ

Edited by MadDog