Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Activision under investigation for financial fraud

Let's not forget the reputation Activision has for treating its employees, which is very similar to Konami's reputation. 

I always felt like the general tone of Blizzard games changed a lot post-World of Warcraft. Not entirely certain the blame should all be put on Activision.

1 hour ago, JBerg said:

I always felt like the general tone of Blizzard games changed a lot post-World of Warcraft. Not entirely certain the blame should all be put on Activision.

Of course not, but Blizzard as we know it is gone. You can say whatever you want about Diablo 3 but they sure took their time with it. They at least tried. That's gone. All the people are leaving. The era of high-quality in-house Blizzard games is over. After Warcraft 3 Reforged (which is not even made 100% inhouse) I will not longer have a reason to care about them and that makes me really sad. Diablo Immortal is the first game that has another company besides Blizzard working on it and ActiBlizz has more projects like that in development. It sure won't stop there.

53 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Of course not, but Blizzard as we know it is gone. You can say whatever you want about Diablo 3 but they sure took their time with it. They at least tried. That's gone. All the people are leaving. The era of high-quality in-house Blizzard games is over. After Warcraft 3 Reforged (which is not even made 100% inhouse) I will not longer have a reason to care about them and that makes me really sad. Diablo Immortal is the first game that has another company besides Blizzard working on it and ActiBlizz has more projects like that in development. It sure won't stop there.

Even Diablo 3, sure it's fun, but the setting and story make no sense. It felt like "hey remember the butcher? He's back! Why? Because of brand recognition duh!"

1 hour ago, JBerg said:

Even Diablo 3, sure it's fun, but the setting and story make no sense. It felt like "hey remember the butcher? He's back! Why? Because of brand recognition duh!"

That's not what I mean. Even with all its flaws you can tell a lot of care went into it. You can say that the art style is not exactly Diablo but it is still finely crafted. I would also say Blizzard did a fine job redeeming the game with the expansion. Oh, and by the way, there was supposed to be a second expansion to make the game truly great but Activision had to put their grubby mitts on it!!! 

You can say goodbye to that kind of quality. Activision are all about minimising costs and maximizing profit. Low effort for high profit. I mean Activision put a FRIGGIN RED DOT on the store for a quick and cynical buck. Of course Blizzard cared about money but they always took their time to bring games to their standards.

9 hours ago, JBerg said:

Things like these are exactly why I had trouble taking Diablo III seriously.